My new pc

Junerian

Guest kamil234

lmao. ultra is the biggest waste of money ever.

ultra = overclocked GTX for $300 more.

you can get the GTX and overclock it yourself, and viola. you have a ULTRA.

so take the $300 you saved and get a intel cpu/mother board (core 2 duo)

they're faster.

lmao. ultra is the biggest waste of money ever.

ultra = overclocked GTX for $300 more.

you can get the GTX and overclock it yourself, and viola. you have a ULTRA.

so take the $300 you saved and get a intel cpu/mother board (core 2 duo)

they're faster.

i agree with all of it except the c2d intel part. if you still want a 3.0ghz amd dual core then get the 250-300 dollar amd athlon 64 x2 6000+. its 3.0ghz and i have heard good reviews for it...but that is just if you want to stick with amd

I am probally got get blasted for this one :haha: Its just my humble opinion that intel being faster than amd or vice versa is over rated. You put them both head to head and you will not notice a diffrence. Ok sure if you wanna run a benchmark depending on which one you use this one may claim to be faster. On a computer no big diffrence.

Sure dual core is a big diffrence. I can burn and surf and my computer dosent lag. My dual core which is a amd 4200 can run vista premium full tilt with no video card. Dual core is great for multi tasking. But I would put this 2.2 up against a 3.0 dual core anyday. You will never notice the diffrence. Its all in the bragging rights. Nothing more.

its not really bragging rights....facts are out there.....there are tons of head to head processor battles between the 'already out for a while' new c2d and leading amd processors....im an AMD guy, but hands down to intel - if you dont believe me just do a little research on cpu comparissons.....

after all...its bang for buck what matters....you can have a 20000 dollar processor called magnum XL (LOL) that outperforms the fastest intel processo by 4x, but what good is it for us ? price per performance ratio should always be a good deciding factor

Yeah, if you're getting the 8800 GTX instead of the ultra, I'd put that extra money towards a better processor.  From what I've heard, the 4400+ X2 will bottleneck the 8800 GTX. 

a 4400+ can handel that with no problem as long as there is plenty of ram, and a fast hard drive.

a 4400+ can handel that with no problem as long as there is plenty of ram, and a fast hard drive.

ya 4400+ can handle that pretty well i just won a 4400+ and a mobo at a lan party last night can wait for the case and memory i ordered so i can put that thing up