ADD 20%-30% of your Broadband connection

cfatchma

:shocked:

:azn:

some legal tweaks configuration to optimize connection speed.

1. press the START button> click RUN> type GPEDIT.MSC> press ENTER

( **** Group Policy folder should appear on the Window)

2. Under Local Computer Policy> Computer Configuration> choose ADDMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES> NETWORK> diff. folders may appear...

3. Choose "QoS Packet Scheduler

4. Choose "Limit reservable bandwidth" > right click and

5. Choose PROPERTIES

6. Under the Subfolder "SETTING" of the LSB (Limit Reserved Bandwidth) change the selected LSB to "ENABLE"

7. Under you could see the "Bandwidth limit (%)" right?

8. Change it to "O"(Zero).

9. Click OK, and exit the program. Save all your settings.

10.Then Restart your Computer...

*** And Opt you go. giving at least a 20 to 30% additional speed on your connection.

hehehe...

Hmmm, not sure on this,  :undecided:

according to Microsoft and others it makes no differance , any one tried it yet , ?

Correction of some incorrect claims about Windows XP QoS support

There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth for QoS. These claims are incorrect. The information in the "Clarification about QoS in end computers that are Running Windows XP" section correctly describes the behavior of Windows XP systems.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q316666&ID=KB;EN-US;q316666

http://www.setup32.com/tech-tips/windows-xp/performance-monitoring-and-optimization/learn-the-non-value-of-disabli.php

Hmmm, not sure on this,  :undecided:

according to Microsoft and others it makes no differance , any one tried it yet , ?

Correction of some incorrect claims about Windows XP QoS support

There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth for QoS. These claims are incorrect. The information in the "Clarification about QoS in end computers that are Running Windows XP" section correctly describes the behavior of Windows XP systems.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q316666&ID=KB;EN-US;q316666

http://www.setup32.com/tech-tips/windows-xp/performance-monitoring-and-optimization/learn-the-non-value-of-disabli.php

I have tried it.. :cheesy:

the mere fact that it boost the bandwith. "correct" i should say the claims of microsoft. more likely putting other programs on que and the other broadband users in your neighborhood. but, who cares anyway? Others do some tweaks too.... and as long as downloading is more faster and efficient. Just download things simultaneously and don't be too selfish of the bandwidth... hehehe... :2funny:

:lol: made no differance on my puter , just tried it ,

but if it works for you , no harm in trying it , but this myth has been around for years ,

it is only on Xp pro , not on home , so by my way of thinking Xp home should be 20-30 % faster on the Internet ? , never seen a post claiming that ? if that was true I guess we would all be on home  :smile2:

:lol: made no differance on my puter , just tried it ,

but if it works for you , no harm in trying it , but this myth has been around for years ,

it is only on Xp pro , not on home , so by my way of thinking Xp home should be 20-30 % faster on the Internet ? , never seen a post claiming that ? if that was true I guess we would all be on home  :smile2:

:iamwithstupid:

Clarification about the use of QoS in end computers that are running Windows XP

As in Windows 2000, programs can take advantage of QoS through the QoS APIs in Windows XP. One hundred percent of the network bandwidth is available to be shared by all programs unless a program specifically requests priority bandwidth. This "reserved" bandwidth is still available to other programs unless the requesting program is sending data. By default, programs can reserve up to an aggregate bandwidth of 20 percent of the underlying link speed on each interface on an end computer. If the program that reserved the bandwidth is not sending sufficient data to use it, the unused part of the reserved bandwidth is available for other data flows on the same host.

Unfortunately, disabling QoS RSVP doesn't do much. QoS isn't even used in most home networks; Microsoft enabled it by default on Windows XP Professional to make the deployment of QoS in enterprise environments a bit easier,

• 2 months later...

It's only going to work if you have many programs trying to access the network simultaneously, a complex network, sharing information over the network, from remote locations, and priorities set for different programs.

Just my half arsed opinion

:shocked:

:azn:

some legal tweaks configuration to optimize connection speed.

1. press the START button> click RUN> type GPEDIT.MSC> press ENTER

( **** Group Policy folder should appear on the Window)

2. Under Local Computer Policy> Computer Configuration> choose ADDMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES> NETWORK> diff. folders may appear...

3. Choose "QoS Packet Scheduler

4. Choose "Limit reservable bandwidth" > right click and

5. Choose PROPERTIES

6. Under the Subfolder "SETTING" of the LSB (Limit Reserved Bandwidth) change the selected LSB to "ENABLE"

7. Under you could see the "Bandwidth limit (%)" right?

8. Change it to "O"(Zero).

9. Click OK, and exit the program. Save all your settings.

10.Then Restart your Computer...

*** And Opt you go. giving at least a 20 to 30% additional speed on your connection.

hehehe...

L.S.B. within my O.S. (WinXP PRO) was not configured, so would it matter if I 'Enabled' it and set the % value to 0?

TheHalf

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 14861 Kbps about 14.9 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1814 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/08/09 - 8:03pm

Bottom Line:: 259X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.56 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 6.703 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 208.38 % faster than the average for host (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4W23PFCJL

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 [!]

No difference, my speeds (downloads) haven't changed

TheHalf

ADDMINISTRATIVE TEMPLATES> NETWORK>

inside network I see "Offline Files" and "Network Connection" I cant seem to find QoS Packet Scheduler

You are looking under "User Configuration", you should be looking under "Computer Configuration". Check out the attached image.

• 2 weeks later...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 8367 Kbps about 8.4 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1021 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/08/22 - 2:04pm

Bottom Line:: 146X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 11.906 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 44.04 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-WICDN03U7

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6  :cool: what is your settings???