Multimedia Hardware Question

x_6985381

Alright I took this out a long time ago out of my sony vaio. some of you may remember. Anyways I just found the multimedia mpeg 2 encoder hardware that came along with the sony IE: Media Centre OS. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a driver or anything that could help me set this up. And is it even possible to run this hardware on my setup?

The hardware:

Device Description	Conexant (Internext Compression) iTVC16/CX23416 MPEG Codec

Windows Vista Ultimate

Intel Core 2 Duo | E6600 2.4Ghz ~ 3.2Ghz

nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard

7600GS nVidia Graphics Card

[ Could this hardware help with rendering audio? It is also a cable converter as IE Media Centre pc's all have enabling them to watch Tv on the Pc. Could this be used along side my 7600GS for rendering? Possible?

Please help, Thanks in advance.

Any more information needed ask.

You will most likely not get this to work. It is for transcoding analog TV to MPEG Files faster and with out having to use your CPU as much in windows media center.

This does not and will not ever help in rendering audio or video of any kind. Its just to transcode TV into mpeg.