Plz Help Me out Here! Comcast Is Not really helpful at all....

example

Hey guys im new here... i hope joining in this community will give me all the answers to my question regarding my connection speed... alright..

i recently puchase a laptop(for downloading purposes), and i bought Comcast high speed internet 6.0Mbps, and im using my inter net over 2weeks now and im still getting a slow speed below 1mb i think...and i saw this site and try it out and here's my conection...

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 2053 Kbps about 2.1 Mbps (tested with 1075 kB)

Download Speed is:: 251 kB/s

Tested From:: http://eebobb.com

Test Time:: 2007/05/28 - 10:38pm

Bottom Line:: 36X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.08 sec

Tested from a 1075 kB file and took 4.29 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 36.13 % of your hosts average (Comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-BVPRZAJCH

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; FDM)

im using a cable modem "Motorola SB5101" and i have a router ready to setup, i didn't put the router yet because i need to have my exact speed first... so if anybody has a same problem as me or a solution maybe you can help me, and if theres anything i can help back in return dont hesitate to ask...

Thanks in advance...

Mark - Antioch, California

example, Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Try the test below. Clear your cache before you take the test because it starts as soon as you click on it. Also read the topics in my signature below. You don't need to post the same topic twice. If in doubt where it goes post in General Discussion and a Mod will put it where it belongs.

:welcome:

12meg http://www.testmy.net/tools/test/d_load.php?ni=1&tt=1&s=12160&st=st

Sorry Bout posting it twice, i just need help fast because it been 3weeks now and im still getting the same results...  :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

alright, ive cleared my cache already and heres my result...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2022 Kbps about 2 Mbps (tested with 1075 kB)

Download Speed is:: 247 kB/s

Tested From:: http://eebobb.com

Test Time:: 2007/05/31 - 2:52am

Bottom Line:: 35X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.15 sec

Tested from a 1075 kB file and took 4.355 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 35.55 % of your hosts average (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-DNY2QP5R6

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) [!]

it just lowered by .1MB..hehehe.... and i can't get access to the link you posted... its just reading but its not showing the page..

http://www.testmy.net/tools/test/d_load.php?ni=1&tt=1&s=12160&st=st

thanks for taking time on my problem. :smitten:

Welcome to the forum..  Could you post a tracert for me?  Start | Run | type cmd press enter | type tracert testmy.net..  Then paste those results back into here. 

I check the Comcast support forums to see if anyone in CA is having issues.. Like always San Francisco is having issues, but the rest of the state looks pretty clean.  Which would bring it down to a signal issue, routing issue, or your setup.

To check your setup make sure that you are not running the drop for the modem though a cable booster.  Did you have Comcast come out and install the modem for you or did you do it yourself?  If you did do it your self did you use any splitters?

This is just to see what happens if it is not any of the problems mentioned above.. Download TCP optimizer, search google it is everywhere, and set the speed to 8000kbps.  Make sure that you set the radio button to Optimal Setting in the lower right.

Welcome to the forum.. Could you post a tracert for me?  Start | Run | type cmd press enter | type tracert testmy.net..  Then paste those results back into here. 

I check the Comcast support forums to see if anyone in CA is having issues.. Like always San Francisco is having issues, but the rest of the state looks pretty clean.  Which would bring it down to a signal issue, routing issue, or your setup.

To check your setup make sure that you are not running the drop for the modem though a cable booster.  Did you have Comcast come out and install the modem for you or did you do it yourself?  If you did do it your self did you use any splitters?

This is just to see what happens if it is not any of the problems mentioned above.. Download TCP optimizer, search google it is everywhere, and set the speed to 8000Kbps. Make sure that you set the radio button to Optimal Setting in the lower right.

here's what you ask me to do...

C:UsersExAmPLe>tracert testmy.net

Tracing route to testmy.net [67.18.179.85]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    12 ms    17 ms     8 ms  73.203.84.1

2     8 ms     *        8 ms  ge-2-17-ur01.pittsburg.ca.sfba.comcast.net [68.8

6.248.229]

3     7 ms     8 ms     *     te-9-1-ur02.pittsburg.ca.sfba.comcast.net [68.87

.192.110]

4    11 ms    11 ms     *     te-8-3-ar01.oakland.ca.sfba.comcast.net [68.87.1

92.134]

5     9 ms    16 ms    11 ms  68.86.143.5

6    13 ms    12 ms    13 ms  68.86.90.149

7     *        *        *     Request timed out.

8    17 ms    16 ms    16 ms  te-4-3.car2.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.79.43.137]

9    19 ms    17 ms    15 ms  ae-31-51.ebr1.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.68.123.30]

10    33 ms    35 ms    35 ms  ae-2.ebr3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.132.10]

11    26 ms    35 ms    35 ms  ae-78.ebr2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.135.13]

12    58 ms    56 ms    68 ms  ae-3.ebr2.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.132.78]

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14    67 ms    56 ms    55 ms  THE-PLANET.car4.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.71.122.2]

15    57 ms    57 ms    57 ms  te7-2.dsr02.dllstx3.theplanet.com [70.87.253.26]

16    57 ms    57 ms    56 ms  4e.fd.5746.static.theplanet.com [70.87.253.78]

17    57 ms    57 ms    58 ms  gi1-0-1.car17.dllstx4.theplanet.com [67.18.116.6

9]

18    58 ms    57 ms    58 ms  55.b3.1243.static.theplanet.com [67.18.179.85]

Trace complete.

and i already download TCP optimizer and already set it to 8000... then what???

He's in CA and was testing to a server in FL

Try this test =)

http://www.testmy.net/tools/test/d_load.php?&st=st&tt=1&ta=1&top=000&out_src=7MB

i didn't know it was a FL test site, i looked on a mirror site and i found one in LA CA, i think thats close enough..heres my result...and it went up to 4mb... :angel: :angel: :angel: but even though the test said 4mb it feels like its the same speed as the last time...bec. when u download a file you will see your download speed there right?? mine i just 1.3mb and its going down rapidlly every second...

for example lets say that your downloading a file of 60MB so it will take 10-20sec tops right, because you got a 6mb connection speed, but for me it still take me a 2min to 5min atleast.. :sad: :sad: :sad:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4275 Kbps about 4.3 Mbps (tested with 1075 kB)

Download Speed is:: 522 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.lofl.net

Test Time:: 2007/06/03 - 10:52pm

Bottom Line:: 75X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.96 sec

Tested from a 1075 kB file and took 2.06 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 75.09 % of your hosts average (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4LPCUH6EK

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) [!]

Update: 06/04/2007 @ 12:30am

I called comcast again, and discuss my problem again of poor speed connection, maybe if i talk to another AGENT it will be different...i ask him why my connection is slow and his asking me a question too "blah blah blah"and i answered all his question and he ask this "where do you check your connection speed by the way" - "ohh, i go to testmy.net to see your connection speed, its a community and everybody is using it" and he said this "WE, COMCAST dont trust that site. the result are not accurate and its nonsense"

conclusion to my problem: "they wat to sent a technician in and im paying $59 again, just to check my connetivity problem"  :uglystupid2::idiot2::uglystupid2:

I can't imagine they do like it, as the results you get here, are most accurate ! It makes them look bad , because they cannot always insure the bandwidth they sell.

One more perfect example of why we need Testmy.net !

BTW are you gonna pay another  $59 ? What do the do for the money?

I Guess they do tell that there connection speed is better than any ISP out there and there gonna give you a good price at the start but if you got problems thats were they get there money back by sending a technician to check whats wrong and then tell the customer its better now... the last time they sent a technician over because they said that they couldn't get a signal in the house i paid them $59 for it. and the technician just look at where the cable box is and he said that he couldn't do anything about it..a week past i called again if they resolve my problem, they said yes and send another technician and i paid $59 again.. im desperate to have internet that time... now im not gonna pay one cent to them again im stuck on thier service for 6months bec if i cancel now theres gonna be an early termination fee of almost $200.. F that. :tickedoff:

ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/test512

Start downloading that file... give it about a minute and see what your BROWSER says the download rate is. Please, say exactly what the browser says, do not change the capitalization. I have a feeling you're not being cheated at all, but don't understand the difference between Mb and MB.

I've Download it already and the started download rate it 1.05MB and its going down to 135kb in less than a minute.. :undecided:

what file is that by the way???

Example I have Comcast too. I am on the 768/8000 plan and I am on the other coast in NJ.  I have what Comcast calls Cable Guard. It cost me 0.30 cents a month. Do you have it?  When Comcast came to fix my digital tv service they had to change all my connector ends and run a new cable line from my box to their box on the other side of the building [about 100 feet or more] did not cost me anything because I have cable guard. I should also say that they had to come out four times to fix the problem and it never cost me anything.

Example I have Comcast too. I am on the 768/8000 plan and I am on the other coast in NJ.  I have what Comcast calls Cable Guard. It cost me 0.30 cents a month. Do you have it?  When Comcast came to fix my digital tv service they had to change all my connector ends and run a new cable line from my box to their box on the other side of the building [about 100 feet or more] did not cost me anything because I have cable guard.

I have Insightbb and all thats free!

Example I have Comcast too. I am on the 768/8000 plan and I am on the other coast in NJ.  I have what Comcast calls Cable Guard. It cost me 0.30 cents a month. Do you have it?  When Comcast came to fix my digital tv service they had to change all my connector ends and run a new cable line from my box to their box on the other side of the building [about 100 feet or more] did not cost me anything because I have cable guard. I should also say that they had to come out four times to fix the problem and it never cost me anything.

Well probably your on NJ and maybe comcast office is near were you live at they can just walk by and check what your problem is..here in california its different you have to pay every service theyll provide you with, even when i said on my previous post that technician came here and check something and left(5-10min), cost me $59...