plz do make it faster.

rasterr

hi, well first of all I am from the UK, i am with tiscali 8MB/s.

OK, my line used to be connected at 7.4 - 7.7mb/s. I used to be getting DL speeds @ 3000kB/s - 5000kB/s and upload speeds in the 400kB/s area. Ok well, suddenly i have been getting very very low speeds. My line is now connected at 5.4 - 5.8mb/s and DL speeds are showing 0.8mb/s and uploads 0.3mb/s, and DL files at 96kB/s MAX. Now this is very annoying as I have been trying to solve this problem for a while and no forums have give me any conclusion on how to fix and and i chose this forum as it looks like it has a nice community and members that are willing to help. So the main question is, is there something blocking my line and why has it suddenly gone so low.

I have DL cablenut and and tryed version 2, no results have changed. Does anyone have any idea that will help, and what version of cablenut should I be DL'ing and testing?.

Help is greatly appreciated.

NOTE.

I have attached a file, recently attached to someones post by "Coknuck" so i DL'd it and applied settings - here are results.

Your connection is: 1008 Kbps or 1 Mbps

You downloaded at: 123 kB/s

You are running: 18 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 8.33 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:rasterr CompID:8079534111773

Test Time:: 2007/05/29 - 3:55am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Tesco; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)

Test ID: 6XE9TVFUD (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 57.83 % of your hosts average (as9105.com)

This was tested from a 2992 kB file and took 24.312 seconds to complete B

This is a delight for me as i have had 1mbps for about 5 months but still i am 100 % sure I can reach much higher speeds.

rasterr, Welcome to the forum. Are you using a router if so hook up you PC by Ethernet to take that out of the equation. Have you read these topics https://testmy.net/topic-2097 & https://testmy.net/forum/t-3924 ? Is your PC clean from spyware, and virus's? Have you asked you provider to check your line to see if its on their end?

:welcome:

thank you :) and hello. First of all NO i do not have a router i use a speedtouch USB port.

Yes i have read both topics and yes both have been of great use, I have done everything on there, I already had SB S&D and Lavasoft and I defrag etc my PC occasionaly, but none of this seems have done my internet connection any justice. I have ran all scans in safe mode and deleted everything shown, still no luck :(.

Extra info.

I am on windows XP, and i also use Norton AV 2007. I will have to contac my provider and ask about it but Tiscali is extremely poor with customer service and always trys to blame it back on to our side. A few months ago it was brilliant, connection excellent, speeds great and my gameplay on cs:s and enemy territory were great pinging 48 all the time and no lags, now for my gameplay always 98 ping even to a UK server and alot of lag.

BTW with cablenut which settings should I be trying may i ask?

& here is a recent speedtest from this site:

Your connection is: 549 Kbps or 0.5 Mbps

You downloaded at: 67 kB/s

You are running: 10 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 15.28 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:rasterr CompID:807952653257

Test Time:: 2007/05/30 - 9:30am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Tesco; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)

Test ID: EYDX034Q7 (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 31.52 % of your hosts average (as9105.com)

This was tested from a 579 kB file and took 8.641 seconds to complete

This is extremely poor and getting very fustrating.

Help greatly appreciated.