[UK People] Post your speed and how much you pay

just-

Roco i think its 10quid on top of sky tv

but i think its limited to 2G traffic from what i c

FiberOptic what is ur bandwidth limitations? if any?

Diehard welcome to the forum nice u hit 4Mb i just cant get there

Hi Just , great topic and thanks for the pm , I will not be online much over the next few weeks , (busy ) :evil2:,

anyone in the UK got any experiance of Virgin media (cable ) or Be there adsl ,?

all I need is around 2mbps , realiable, and cheap , without a cap on download ,

( for Joost  :wink2: ) and can anybody tell me if I need a UK Tv licence to use joost ?

anyway I may be moving to *Highcliffe on sea,  Dorset later this year , so I am not changing things at the moment , 

* next door to the local exchange * :lol:, my first Broadband was with Pipex 125 Kbps  :lol:

well it sure beat 56K dial up and worked out cheaper  than paying by the minute ,  :evil2:

Sorry here is the link; http://broadband.sky.com/showmeskybroadband.htm

Yes, You do need a TV sub!

nice

i didnt know they did an unlimited packed

thanks for the information

Hi Just , great topic and thanks for the pm , I will not be online much over the next few weeks , (busy ) :evil2:,

anyone in the UK got any experiance of Virgin media (cable ) or Be there adsl ,?

all I need is around 2mbps , realiable, and cheap , without a cap on download ,

( for Joost  :wink2: ) and can anybody tell me if I need a UK Tv licence to use joost ?

anyway I may be moving to *Highcliffe on sea,  Dorset later this year , so I am not changing things at the moment , 

* next door to the local exchange * :lol:, my first Broadband was with Pipex 125 Kbps  :lol:

well it sure beat 56K dial up and worked out cheaper  than paying by the minute ,  :evil2:

roco i have virgin

this is the 2nd time i have cable always from ntl maybe 3 years ago 1st

then i moved and the last year again with them

i have been generally happy with them compared to adsl from plus.net which was capped

about tv license no you dont need tv license to watch joost or bbc news online or any online tv

as long as u dont buy a tv tuner card for ur pc which then u need a license

i am moving to London as u know and i will be getting be* i have done some research and them seem to be good

but if u only need 2mb and unlimited i think virgin u would be better off

Thanks just for the TV lic. info , Yeah I am a bit woried about TV cards , I have a computer in for reload and it has a tv card fitted,  not my computer but on my premiss's ,

so I had better remove the card , and reinstall it on return ,

LOL I am looking at Be with a 4Gb cap, more than enough for me , cable with Virgin sounds good , but I don't fancy the hassel of having the garden dug up for the cable connection , 

Pipex is OK and has been very reliable , apart for their billing , I note they are now charging me

2.75 huh sounds good but yeah they going to ask for all of it in the end

yeah i understand about the garden

let me know how the Be experience goes

i will let u know when i start the process and will make a thread about it

Will do just , but it wont be untill September I am under a contract with Pipex till then ,  :evil2:

I am hoping to learn  from your "Be" experiance  :smile2:

BTW, my neighbour had NTL/Virgin ,  for phone and TV , they burried the cable only 3 inches under the ground , he is  a keen gardener and put his spade  through the cable  :lol:,

he had to pay for the repair, and was without phone or tv for weeks,  :evil2:

Be - Unlimited is a True ADSL2+ ISP.

They offer speeds of UPTO 24Mb/s, However, Sky Broadband owned by the BSkyB company, Who took over Easynet, a big player in the LLU field, Also offer ADSL2+ but at a limited 16Mb/s.

@-Just, tbh, Be isnt anything fancy, I used to be with them before we moved, and we get the same speed as we did with them now, but for

Fiber i will be moving into a house with many rooms, so not feasible to get sky as i think i wont be able to install my dish there

also i dont need tv or dont want a tv plus tv license

so if i just want internet i think Be is a good options

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 45536 Kbps about 45.5 Mbps (tested with 48638 kB)

Download Speed is:: 5559 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/09 - 2:25am

Bottom Line:: 794X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.18 sec

Tested from a 48638 kB file and took 8.75 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 395.66 % faster than the average for host (myserverhosts.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2XWIF7KVA

User Agent:: Opera/9.21 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

Anywhere up to 800 mbps,

price: about

Fiber i will be moving into a house with many rooms, so not feasible to get sky as i think i wont be able to install my dish there

also i dont need tv or dont want a tv plus tv license

so if i just want internet i think Be is a good options

You only need one skydish for up to 12 box's

We have a sky box in every bedroom (12 of them) and one in 3 of the living rooms, and one in the gym

You only need one skydish for up to 12 box's

We have a sky box in every bedroom (12 of them) and one in 3 of the living rooms, and one in the gym

You have got too much money to waste lol.. Where is my PayPal link lmao!

But because that speed isnt from a real ISP, That everyone else can just get, That shouldnt could.. :envy: