The Whimcial English

Roco

Whimsical* (English Dictionary  fairy like)

Quaint little English  (junior school 7-11year ) web site,

Especially for tourists , from the Americas , personally I find it a bit insulting to tourists ,

Especially, how to eat with a knife and fork  :lol:, but a brave attempt to explain English customs and way of life on no doubt a very small Gov. grant ,

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/index.html

Check out, "Daily Life and Everyday needs , "   

BTW. lol I ain't no fairy, I have signed references to prove it , :evil6:

Nice find Roco.

Ohhh, the memories.... Marmite marmite.gif, Bubble & Squeak, Pigs-in-a-blanket, Beans on Toast, Black Pudding  :idiot2:, and who can forget the infamous "Brains Faggots with gravy".  :haha: .

I am able to get some of my favorites over here, like Marmite ($25.00 for a 1lb Jar !  :shocked: ), and some good sweets such as Crunchie, Flake, Malteesers, Turkish Delight, Trebor Mints and Smarties.  :smitten:

Reminds me of one I saw today. I was looking in Aldi's browsing a bit when coming to the checkout was these 4 language C.D.'s. I just could not take my eyes off of one. It was how to learn english. In american or British style it said. Almost laughed my ass off. So I picked it up, and yes it was true.  :2funny:

Then everybody started staring.  :evil6:

Reminds me of one I saw today. I was looking in Aldi's browsing a bit when coming to the checkout was these 4 language C.D.'s. I just could not take my eyes off of one. It was how to learn english. In american or British style it said. Almost laughed my ass off. So I picked it up, and yes it was true.  :2funny:

Then everybody started staring.  :evil6:

They were probably staring because it wasn't almost, you did and it was on the floor.  :roll:

:grin2: the word whimsical is a very Brit word , on the street level , it means almost fairy tale state of mind , a certain naivety and childlike innocence ,that is about as close as I can get i guess ,

Reso.... the Euro :evil2: no date set , and not likely to be for many years , no weak Brit Gov would dare to make that move , none of that "Johnny Foreigner" money for us :lol:

Spook 63 , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_rabbit 

with a smattering of Marmite  :icon_thumright:  Hm mm,  I will check the UK price , I have ran out of it  :sad3: but it sounds about right ,

:lol: "pigs in a blanket" , never heard that one , I guess it's sausages in a Yorkshire pudding , which isn't a pudding  :lol: as opposed to "Toad in the  hole" , sausages in mashed potato , ?

and yes we still eat hedgerow salad  just before payday when funds are running short ,

Wild rabbit and hedgerow salad was the staple diet of country kids not that far back in time ,

lol Trebor mints and Fishermans friend , the drinkers and smokers friend ,  :evil6:

Tommie hope you put the Cd's to good use , it's arse not ass , an ass is a donkey , shugs would end up in jail over here for kicking ass ,  :lol: and a  Bum is the bit that gyrates in a hypnotic manner  on a  girl as she walks by , :wink2:.............. :lol:

BTW sorry for letting this topic drift, my online time is being severely curtailed at the moment ,

but "normal transmision will be resumed as soon as possible" :lol:  the old BBC responce to a transmiter failure  :evil6:

Tommie hope you put the Cd's to good use , it's arse not ass , an ass is a donkey , shugs would end up in jail over here for kicking ass ,  :lol: and a  Bum is the bit that gyrates in a hypnotic manner  on a  girl as she walks by , :wink2:.............. :lol:

At least we drive on the "RIGHT" side of the road. Unlike the UK wrong, or left side of the road.  :evil6:

I imagine you are actually tied up at the moment of other sorts to tell the truth.  :buck2: (girls)

At least we drive on the "RIGHT" side of the road. Unlike the UK wrong, or left side of the road.  :evil6:

I imagine you are actually tied up at the moment of other sorts to tell the truth.  :buck2: (girls)

:lol: I wish Tommie  :cry2:, well you are kinda right,  but it is daughter and family  , again  :sad3:, every time I get on the trail of a hot chick , the family kicks in ,  :evil2:

the old" blood is thicker than water" routine has kicked in again ,  :lol: sometimes I wish I was born a orphan  :evil6::

:grin2: drive on the "RIGHT"  your genes wouldn't have survived in the UK , I guess you are right handed , (" left handed people were spawned by the devil"  Old English beliefe 

and we wont except a left handed  King  ) :shocked:  nor a Catholic one either ) your sword is in on ' left , giving a faster draw with attacks from the left side of the road

:2funny:

and as a English Bowman I am excussed Church on Sunday so I can practice archery , this has never been taken of the law books ,  :2funny: