Can't share files over network in Windows Vista

Okay i dont know if the system was tweaked or what but i can't share my files in windows vista.  I used to share all the time in xp and it just doesnt seem to work. i cant access from my other computers or my xbox 360. I have made sure everything under netword sharing center is "on" except password protection. And i have opened the ports for xbox live and file sharing but that is besides the fact cus i cant even access files from my other computer. And i should note that i can access other computer's files from my vista computer but not the other way around. can somebody give me a quick solution.

i've been workin on this for over an hour now, i wanna play my playlist while i race in forza 2 and this is holding me up, i just got the damn game. i tried disabling my firewall, even my anti virus and anti spyware resident shields. Restarting my laptop, xbox, and router.

Also i should note that i can access vista's public folder but i dont want to use that setup i want to share with everything including my xbox. i went into windows media player and made sure xbox 360 was okayed for sharing.

going on 2 hours working on this, can anyone help. i made some progress. if i go to the folder in windows vista and go to folder options and view tab, if i uncheck use sharing wizard, the folder will be available on my xp computer but i still can't find it with my 360

ok i got it to work. right when i was about to say f*ck this sh*t.i just unchecked the share media on my xp computer. then unchecked it on my vista, clicked apply and checked it again. This is so stupid seems like i just had to reset my sharing i dont kno. Thanks for the help anyways guys.