Boston subssat 7 amp

Ryan314

Not too sure how this amp/ or whatever it is works. I have some pics of the input area. Looks like it would take regular speaker wire but at the same time it doesnt. The hole in the input is large and theres like spinning things almost as if something screwed into there?

looks to me to be the sub of a x.1 rig. so you need to run the speaker wire from the x.1 amp to it. the spinning thing is probably some kind of clamping mechanism (like a drill chuck?) to hold the wire in more securey than those plastic clamps. just turn it leftwise. that will prolly open it. insert wire and turn right. if i'm right you should feel some resistance starting as it clamps down.

looks to me to be the sub of a x.1 rig. so you need to run the speaker wire from the x.1 amp to it. the spinning thing is probably some kind of clamping mechanism (like a drill chuck?) to hold the wire in more securey than those plastic clamps. just turn it leftwise. that will prolly open it. insert wire and turn right. if i'm right you should feel some resistance starting as it clamps down.

I also thought it was a tightening mechanism, but when I looked closer there doesn't seem to be any thing that tightens. I turned it and nothing clamped down. Im figuring it may be some kid of cable that screws into there.

I also thought it was a tightening mechanism, but when I looked closer there doesn't seem to be any thing that tightens. I turned it and nothing clamped down. Im figuring it may be some kid of cable that screws into there.

When you put a spliced wire in there and turn it, it gets tighter. Its just so you have good contact and don't blow the thing up because you caused the positive to arch with the ground

how many watts is it?

if you unscrew the plastic part a ways, you will see a hole through the screw towards the base.. stick the (stripped) wire in there and tighten it

Yeah I know thats what they GENERALLY do but by the looks of it there was nothing happening when I screwed and unscrewed it. Ill try it later.

Yeah I know thats what they GENERALLY do but by the looks of it there was nothing happening when I screwed and unscrewed it. Ill try it later.

Nothing is suppose to happen. They do not come off.  You put a striped wire in the whole at the end and turn it a few times to tighten it.

Nothing is suppose to happen. They do not come off.  You put a striped wire in the whole at the end and turn it a few times to tighten it.

I didnt mean something was supposed to happen, but im pretty sure you would see something opening and closing as you spin it no? I havent tried it yet due to a current lack of speaker wire.

I didnt mean something was supposed to happen, but im pretty sure you would see something opening and closing as you spin it no? I havent tried it yet due to a current lack of speaker wire.

You wouldn't see anything. Its too small. A peace of metal clamps on it you can't see it.

• 2 weeks later...