Converting iTunes downloadable songs to MP3???

ajb62787

That will not work, they still have the DRM. you will have to remove the DRM from the songs. There are tools around to do that.

Thats true if you burn them as a data disc, but if you burn them as an audio disc, using Itunes, you can rip them back as an MP3.

I have noticed that Apple have released a new service for iTunes called EMI Fairplay http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FairPlay_%28DRM%29 and it actually lets you purchase your music without the DRM  on it for $1.29 per song or an upgrade charge for already purchased iTunes music for $0.30 more per song. The price is per song  but I think they offer a upgrade fee for Albums at $2.50 more .. unsure on the exact price  but what the heck   at least Apple is doing something right for a change.

but do the rights the song has (they can vary) allow you to burn it to cd?

plus you would be doubling the loss. it's already compressed. then it gets burnt and recompressed.

I have been burning songs from iTunes onto CD as audio tracks then ripping in WMP since iTunes came out.  You're allowed to burn a song to CD like 10x before you can't burn it anymore.  This method does work and you really don't get much quality loss.

don't go bashing apple here now. all the new macs and imacs with intel cpus rock.

Not trying to rub it in  :haha:  but heck  Intel  chips are in MACs now  so thats a plus for those who like Intel and MAC    just wonder when AMD will be in MACs