Laptop

wingzero2309

Hell I think thats a banging Laptop for the price. I bought mine a year ago on close out for 529 bucks and it is a good laptop. Intell Cel 2.4, 64 video, 40 gig hard, 15 screen, 512 ram. CDRW/DVD. Anyway for the price I couldn't pass it up but its almost time for a new one. If you get this one let me know how you like it.

wingzero

i have lived with laptops for 3 to 4 years now

and i have done an exustive search for the one i have at the moment

i see one trouble with yours

80.0GB hard drive (4200 rpm)

it is way to slow

go for a smaller HD, at least 5400, i do recomend 7200rpm

tell me, are u looking for a machine to do what?

gaming? wordprocessing? what sort of job u want to do on it?

wingzero

i have lived with laptops for 3 to 4 years now

and i have done an exustive search for the one i have at the moment

i see one trouble with yours

80.0GB hard drive (4200 rpm)

it is way to slow

go for a smaller HD, at least 5400, i do recomend 7200rpm

tell me, are u looking for a machine to do what?

gaming? wordprocessing? what sort of job u want to do on it?

laptop will mainly be fore like school stuff, internet/chatting/whatnot, watching dvd's, and i guess occasional gaming (gonna use desktop more for gaming), oh and it has to have at least 'okay' battery life, cause if it runs out in like an hour then whats the point of a laptop

I was in a simular situtation last year before I went to college... I was looking for proformance but wanted the ability to do some work unplugged from the wall..  I chose to go with the Centrino platform.  However, a new revision of the platform has just come out and will be in production later this year.  This will include a 533mhz fsb, compaired to a 400, support for PCI-e, Sata, and a host of other improvements... Not one alone makes this platform better than the older one...  It is the extras that you choose that make it better... Nvidia and ATI are expected to release high end mobile chips, 6800on the go and the x800 mobility.  Meaning that you could play some kick ass games on this new laptop.. I have a 9600pro and can play just about anything I want at fairly high settings.. I have tried doom and the highest I can get it, this is with some extras turned on, was 1024x760 on my 1680x1050 native LCD screen.  I would suggest that you look into the Centrino platform!! They are also releasing a 2.13ghz processor at the same time, which will run with the faster bus.  I have the 1.8(745) on the  400 bus and it hauls ass..  However, if you buy a 5400 rpm harddrive you are going to cripple the system... Invest in a Hitachi 7200 rpm 2.5 notebook hard drive.. I did and I can not believe the speeds...

there u go

some one who supports my theory

there is no point on getting a kick ass machine if u cant feed information fast enough to it

please please don't buy a 4200 or a 5400 go for a 7200, u will see it is well worth the money

its like having a super computer and then having some one feeding the information slowly

i think u got the point

what is Ur bedget?

Dell Inspiron 8600 Centrino

1.8ghz(745)

Intel Wireless 2200 b/g

Hitachi 60gb 7200 rpm hard drive

ATI Radeon 9600 pro turbo mobility (128mb)

15.4 WSXGA+ 1680x1050 native resolution

512mb ram (1 stick)

DVD-CD-RW

That is my baby.. 4-4.5 hours on a single charge...

alright, so say i want a Centrino Processor with 7200rpm hd and dediczted graphics (at LEAST 64mb).  What could i possibly get for under...say...$1500

also, whenever i customize laptops, i always tend to pick the UXVGA screens, but they usually add on ~150 bucks.  is there really a big noticable difference between uxvga and svga and all those other things????

yeah there is a big difference in the screens.. the biggest difference is the resolution!!! Just depends on what you are use to..  I always say that the higher the better.. cause you never know when you are going to want more desktop space... :haha: :haha: