Safari Now on Windows!

dlewis23

I am on it right now.. it lags a little bit.. but I do kinda like it.. I guess it is time to start customizing

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 11655 Kbps about 11.7 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1423 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/11 - 12:15pm

Bottom Line:: 203X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.72 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 8.547 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 118.14 % faster than the average for host (insightbb.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NV950MRB7

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en) AppleWebKit/522.11.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Safari/522.11.3 [!]

Not bad.. On a untweaked parallels desktop.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4904 Kbps about 4.9 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 599 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/06/11 - 12:16pm

Bottom Line:: 86X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 1.71 sec

Tested from a 5983 kB file and took 9.995 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 48.97 % faster than the average for host (bellsouth.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-81LF0VAXG

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en) AppleWebKit/522.11.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Safari/522.11.3 [!]

This browser renders pages fast. Alot faster then firefox and IE7

I render much faster the firefox. maybe having a new core 2 has something to do with it. Also remember its just a beta.

O no doubt it is a beta.. I am not expecting the world from it.. but it is pretty nice I will give it that.  Not only that but the text is sooooo much sharper..

I have not had any rendering issues with the browser.. just slower than normal.. So far I love it.. I don't know why.. but I do

I have noticed one issue with a host on the same network..  If you use the host file for DNS resolution.. about 80% of the time it fails and requires a refresh a few times before it is found..

just gave it a try.  very smooth... just didnt care for a few things... Like others have mentioned, no spell check.. i didnt like how their was no bottom bar... it felt like the page was just falling into oblivion.. couldnt complete a speed test on server 2 , but did manage to complete one on server 1. The transitions between file sizes were greatly improved as far as smoothness over FF. The skin was kind of bland,  for now since it is a beta, but all in all i think its pretty nice. unfortunately , it was too much of a resource hog for my pc to handle, and the added few peeves i mentioned. Ill be sticking with FF for now.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/06/11/Safari-for-Windows-released-and-hacked-in-a-day_1.html

Apple is becoming a favorite target of security researchers these days. In April, there was the $10,000 CanSecWest hack a Mac contest, and on Monday, there was the Safari Web browser. Or the public beta of Safari for Windows, anyway.

Just hours after Apple released its first Windows beta of Safari, researcher Aviv Raff said he'd found a bug.

In an interview, Raff said that it took about three minutes of fuzzing to find the bug and that he hadn't tested the issue on Mac OS X. So he couldn't say whether or not it affected Safari on Windows only. The bug causes the browser to crash and "might be exploitable," according to Raff, meaning it could possibly be used to run malware on the PC.

Raff was clearly unhappy with Apple's claim that Safari was designed to be "secure from day one" (he called this claim "pathetic"), but he said he wasn't particularly going after Apple. "I don't pick just on Apple," he said. "I've posted about Microsoft and Mozilla issues too."

"Everyone has bugs, but not everyone says that they are 'designed to be secured from day one,'" he added. "I guess it's day zero now."

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/06/11/Safari-for-Windows-released-and-hacked-in-a-day_1.html

Apple is becoming a favorite target of security researchers these days. In April, there was the $10,000 CanSecWest hack a Mac contest, and on Monday, there was the Safari Web browser. Or the public beta of Safari for Windows, anyway.

Just hours after Apple released its first Windows beta of Safari, researcher Aviv Raff said he'd found a bug.

In an interview, Raff said that it took about three minutes of fuzzing to find the bug and that he hadn't tested the issue on Mac OS X. So he couldn't say whether or not it affected Safari on Windows only. The bug causes the browser to crash and "might be exploitable," according to Raff, meaning it could possibly be used to run malware on the PC.

Raff was clearly unhappy with Apple's claim that Safari was designed to be "secure from day one" (he called this claim "pathetic"), but he said he wasn't particularly going after Apple. "I don't pick just on Apple," he said. "I've posted about Microsoft and Mozilla issues too."

"Everyone has bugs, but not everyone says that they are 'designed to be secured from day one,'" he added. "I guess it's day zero now."

Thanks probably won't use it at all now. At least not till it's outa beta.

Yeah Yeah.. That is how all software is.. Every piece of software has its bugs.. It is beta but it is still working pretty damn well for a beta.  I am not shocked by this at all.. for years Apple has been pushing the "we are safer" crap.. now we will see if they can truly deliver a better product or not.

Yeah Yeah.. That is how all software is.. Every piece of software has its bugs.. It is beta but it is still working pretty damn well for a beta.  I am not shocked by this at all.. for years Apple has been pushing the "we are safer" crap.. now we will see if they can truly deliver a better product or not.

Don't forget, its a beta, and its on windows.

Apple programs usually suck on windows, this is far better then i would have imaged.