My New Machine

Swimmer

Swimmer, I'm glad you like Dell, personally you could'nt pay me to use a Dell. I also just got a new laptop, HP Pavilion DV9500t. I got 17" Ultra Brightview widescreen, dual 160GB HDDs (320GB total) 4 gigs of RAM, HD DVD Player with standard DVD recorder, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor (2.2 GHz),  Intel Pro Wireless 4965 AGN with Bluetooth wireless card, built in dual microphoones, built in webcam, built in fingerprint scanner, 512Mb NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS video card. I love that PC!

Swimmer, I'm glad you like Dell, personally you could'nt pay me to use a Dell. I also just got a new laptop, HP Pavilion DV9500t. I got 17" Ultra Brightview widescreen, dual 160GB HDDs (320GB total) 4 gigs of RAM, HD DVD Player with standard DVD recorder, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor (2.2 GHz),  Intel Pro Wireless 4965 AGN with Bluetooth wireless card, built in dual microphoones, built in webcam, built in fingerprint scanner, 512Mb NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS video card. I love that PC!

Thanks a lot. You just made me drool on my keyboard. :tickedoff:

15" is still 15" no matter how you swing it. And higher resolution isn't "higher-end". And what's so different about desktop monitors and laptop monitors?

Basically, the monitor is the workspace, yes? Let's compare it to an old fashioned workspace--a desk (gasp!). 4 feet wide, 3 feet deep. If I make things on my desk smaller, I can fit more things on it. Say a folder is 1'x1'. I can fit 12 folders on my desk. If I make my folders smaller (6"x6") do I have more space? Sure, but it doesn't make a 6"x6" folder "high-end". With that logic, I can make my folders 3"x3" and be top-of-the-line. Sure, I can't read the folder. I can't even read what the tab says nor flip the pages in it, but I have more space. Higher-end doesn't in any way mean higher resolution. Resolution should match the users' needs. Someone who struggles to read would love a 19" at 1024x768 while I'm perfectly fine with 15.4"w at 1280x800.