Local Network Cable Unplugged.

jamez91

This is a serious problem with desperate help needed  :cry2:

I have virgin media broadband, with a D-link DI-524 router.

Every 25 minutes or so, my internet gets cut off and says "Local Netwrok Cable Unplugged", then it comes back on a split second later. So for example my msn messenger disconnects, I click reconnect and it connects again, I visit a site and it says page cannot be displayed and I refresh and it comes back on.

It is serious aswell because I host many online servers and online games and I cant do this any more without people complaining that its stalled, crashed or they have disconnected.

I rung virgin media, told them the situation they said my internet has only been off 3 times so It was my routers fault.

I havent had chance to contact d-link because their website is so complicated just to email them.

So im asking for help on here any ideas on how to stop it please.

Help much appreciated, Jamez91

I had something like this happen with my 524 a while back.. It was right after they released really buggy firmware.. I would see if they have anything new as far as firmware goes..  If they don't then I would reflash the router.. I know exactly what you are talking about.. I originally though that it was due to IP addresses being re-released..

BTW welcome to the forum!

VLC may have taken association with .bin files, but it doesn't mean that it's the only program that uses these types of files. Bin stands for binary. Your router's web interface will allow you to upload this binary package. Don't open it or try to or burn it to a cd or do anything except upload it to the router. The firmware download page likely had instructions.