New CPU upgrade but running same as old one?

Hello I had a 2.8ghz P4 in my pc and I took it out and put in a 3.2ghz but seems to be running at 2.8ghz still? I checked my system info and says 3.2ghz then 2.8ghz under that. I have a over clocking program came with my mother board and I tryed to over clock to 3.2 and pc shut off. Any idea's why this is happening?

It says I have a 3.2 but core is running at 2.8GHz  :evil2: . I had a 2.8GHz and thinking it is still set for that but don't know how to change? I found out how to copy it to htm so here is a link to the info http://humorvids.com/cpuz.htm and I looked up my info on main board here is a link http://www.sis.com/products/sis661fx_features.htm

I don't see anywere saying it only supports 2.8ghz in manual I found they say they tested this board with a 3.0ghz. Can you show me a link to were you found that? I also have another motherboard if needed but not sure it works all the great its my brothers and he was having issues with some of them.

Yea I figured that it would or could because I didn't buy it thinking on just using 2.8. But I am unsure why it won't go 3.2 or isn't running at that. I used the super step program and put my speed up to were 3.2 should be and same as before it shut the pc down. I went into bios and didn't find anything but same thing as that program I think any ideas?

Yea I cleared the bios 2 times but I am not sure if I did it with the new chip in or with old. Because we couldn't get new chip or old one to work for awhile new chip froze on windows start and old one just would do nothing anymore. But maybe I will try that again can't hurt lol.