there really is no such thing as a free puppy.

my 2.99 (turns 3 july 2nd) year olds 5 year old nephew was over at our house and spotted a budgie flying in the window. the poor thing was exhausted and just let us pick him up, so we stuck him in a box (we do have a cat) with some fruit, cereal and water to see if he would perk up. he did. since noone had been asking around the neighborhood for a lost bird we decided to keep him. cage, food, accessories, vitamins, 2nd budgie (a female to go with the male) since it would be cruel in my mind to keep a bird caged alone 50 bucks. the found bird has a gimp leg, it looks like a sprain since he climbs along the cage just fine with it, i figure a break or dislocation wouldn't let him do that, but any advice is appreciated.

Naw Most Of Them Are really Lazy An Only use One Leg They Change Legs periodically though its normal but i think its the female that does that

the males really dont do that too often

so u might have lesbians

i did we had to females and they were always in top of each other we got them a log thing and they made a nest in it and were both always in there

we took them to a vet and he confirmed they were both females

you can tell by the color of their nose but i dont remember which color mean what

im used to calling them parakeets not budgie

they can be really nice pets if you train them

take them in to a small room turn of the celing fans first and play with them hand feeding them is a great way to get them used to you may take a week or 2 before they stop biting but eventually u can put them in your shoulder and they will stay there all day or leave them in a room with the cage open and they will come in and out as they please there really nice animals and can b easily train

i used to love my parakeet

we would go on long trips and we would bring him alongall the time  i would buckle in the cage and let him out in the car they would sit in the steering wheel for hours without causing any problems just looking out the window :) and when i stooped to get gas i would just grab him and put him in the cage for 5 minutes and then take jim outside and put him on the steering wheel

my parakeet was a part of the family

i would  let him out in the car they would sit in the steering wheel for hours without causing any problems just looking out the window :) and when i stooped to get gas i would just grab him and put him in the cage for 5 minutes and then take jim outside and put him on the steering wheel

my parakeet was a part of the family

Good thing he couldn't reach the gear shift.  :roll:

yeah, when he's not using it. atm he's sitting on his good leg with the other one kind of out to the side

Hi Reso... sounds like a nest injury , if it ain't giving him any problems ,like

falling of the perch while sleeping etc, best leave it alone , as I doubt much can be done for him at this late stage ,

sounds like he has landed on his feet ,arrriving at your place , "new cage + female provided" , any chance if I hop over to your place I could get the same deal ?  :evil6:

BTW the male budgie has a blue bridge to it's beak the female is brown , less noticeable as they get older.

you will need a nesting box if you wish to breed from them , otherwise the female will just drop the eggs onto the bottom of the cage ,

http://www.snowflakepets.co.uk/html/budgie.html

:lol:, Sorry guys for the double post but my on line time is limited at the moment (work )

Pic's of bird's :lol:,settle down at the back ,I mean the feathered variety :evil6:

This is a UK definition , and may not apply in the States

and is going up in size

BTW, I have a rescued Tiel ,(kept in a store room for 5 years ), as the owners wife didn't like his screeching,  :twisted:

Known as MOG , (miserable old git ) as he is pysho. damaged , but now leads a good  life of freedom and care ,

Personally I don't like the idea caged birds, as what can fly should be of the leash IMHO, (see my avatar )  :smile2:

my fav. flying free bird  the Albatross The father of flight , and can still beat sailplanes any day

:lol: if there is reincarnation , put my name  down please  :lol:

my uncle tom had a parakeet...pete...and he took that bird everywhere...i mean everywhere...for years... and that bird could talk up a storm...bit of an alcoholic my uncle was...actually died from a liver rupture...anyway...he carried pete in his shirt pocket and his back and front pocket of his pants (see i'm getting to why i told u about his drinking...) well in those days mens pants were pretty baggy so he could carry pete around in the front and back pockets and even sit on a bar stool with pete in his back pocket...well one time at the tavern...uncle tom fell off his bar stool, pete tucked securely in his back pocket...pete was fine til uncle tom bent over to pick up his broken glasses and forgot to give his pants the customary tug up that always put pete at a safe level on his hip...uncle tom didn't leave his apartment for weeks after his best friends death...

my uncle tom had a parakeet...pete...and he took that bird everywhere...i mean everywhere...for years... and that bird could talk up a storm...bit of an alcoholic my uncle was...actually died from a liver rupture...anyway...he carried pete in his shirt pocket and his back and front pocket of his pants (see i'm getting to why i told u about his drinking...) well in those days mens pants were pretty baggy so he could carry pete around in the front and back pockets and even sit on a bar stool with pete in his back pocket...well one time at the tavern...uncle tom fell off his bar stool, pete tucked securely in his back pocket...pete was fine til uncle tom bent over to pick up his broken glasses and forgot to give his pants the customary tug up that always put pete at a safe level on his hip...uncle tom didn't leave his apartment for weeks after his best friends death...

That is Sad :(:sad3: :sad3: :sad3:

no not bizarre...uncle tom was fun...he used to let me sit on his lap and drive...he did the peddles and i steered...and he just leaned back and drank outta this little silver bottle and gave me directions...go right go left no not on the sidewalk...and after we'd drink root beer and eat pork rinds...and play in the park with widgie (his chihuahua)...widgie went everywhere with him too but he never squashed him...he lived to be a ripe old age...lost all his teeth and most of his eyesight (the dog not uncle tom...oh...guess uncle tom did too) uncle tom was the best uncle ever

no not bizarre...uncle tom was fun

:grin2:: Tdawnaz , by the use of Bizarre ,I meant out of the ordinary ,

Bizarre can be fun , and usually it is , I often get called bizarre in the UK, do to my failure to completely grow up  and become a miserable old git , :grin2: maybe the word bizarre has a different meaning in the States , ?,  :shrug:

Uncle Tom sounds a great guy , but I am not sure about being under the influence while in charge of a child driving a car  :lol: in the overly politically correct no fun times we have today , :evil2:

I think we are living in sad times and doing the kids no flavors by making their lives  so safe and controlled ,

The odd cut and broken limb comes with the territory, IMHO

...the overly politically correct no fun times we have today , :evil2:

I think we are living in sad times and doing the kids no flavors by making their lives  so safe and controlled ,

The odd cut and broken limb comes with the territory, IMHO

I agree Roco. We are way soft on our kids today. Suprised we do not cut every bite of food for them, even their macaroni and cheese.  :twisted:

Broken limbs were to brag abouit at school, now what do they have to brag about?

yeh that was 50 yrs ago...nobody thought much of drinking and driving...don't think there even was a term for dui...maybe  just "drunk driving" and it would get u thrown in the klink of u were so bad that u couldn't drive...it was a dwi by the time i got my license...no not me...ewwww i hated even the smell of liquor...