help please

whiteolorin

I've got AOL 9.0 and i use dial-up with my AOL. normally i use satellite, but dial-up seems to work well for games. I have a problem though. My Internet Explorer won't work at all while I am using AOL. It works fine on all my other computers while I am on AOL, but those computers are too slow to run the games. Why won't IE work with AOL?

:) I have seen this b4 AOL does many strange things, it may depend on the O.S. you are using and the Ver of IE. You could try to empty everything in IE , like history,, temp Internet files, even your pre-fetch files, something that will get rid of everything very easy is MRU Blaster and you can check what you want to do. If none of that works you may have to un-install IE and re-install, you will need a special file to do that so if you get that far let us know and we can find them 4u.....good luck

8) Microwave

Yes, same thing happened to my  (grandmas) computer. She installed aol 9.0 and I.E stopped working completely. I checked the proxy settings and everything and for the lifer of me i couldnt get the damn thing to work. I honestly do not know what aol does to disable the I.E , but you can always check the proxy settings and make sure their on auto-detect  by going to tools, internet options, connections. (as well as LAN options)

well seeing that AOL i believe owns Netscape.. I wouldnt be suprised if they disabled IE for some reason.. 

normally i use satellite, but dial-up seems to work well for games.

Do your other computers run AOL 9?  Do they have the same problems with IE and AOL9?