converting WMA into mp3

JH2688

hey guys,

I've been having some trouble in converting wma files into mp3. Every program i try can't do it. It seem like the wma files are protected in some way. I want all my songs in mp3 because thats what all my players use such as my car cd player and my PS3. What can i do about this? what program will convert them?

If you have itunes on your computer you can do it in there.

Though if you bought it from a music site you will not be able to do it because they have DRM

I concur, I use itunes to do that also. If you need help with it I will walk you through it.

• 4 months later...

Furry Welcome, like Furry says there are many software programs out there most allow 1-5 free converts before they ask you to register, or purchase the program. Google "ImToo" I use their programs from changing .mov to .mpeg and like wise .wma to .mp3

- Hope this helps!

:wink2:

If you want to convert wma to mp3...you can download a program called audacity...and dont worry about the settings for editing music and crap...but its a free program.    you just gotta install it. open it up, open the wma you want. then export it as an mp3...there ya go. easy as pie. 

And don't for get to download the lame.dll with it or it wont work!

If you want to convert wma to mp3...you can download a program called audacity...and dont worry about the settings for editing music and crap...but its a free program.     you just gotta install it. open it up, open the wma you want. then export it as an mp3...there ya go. easy as pie.   

do you need the rights to play it to convert it? i mean, can it strip the drm without a valid subscription?

Is it possible to convert protected files downloaded from Napster or Yahoo! Music, using free soft?

No I don't think that is possible.

But for future reference. Just get a program that rips the cd right into mp3, so there is no converting involved.

I use Winamp for this, But im sure there is others.