fios 15/2 and download speeds

nownot

i know this depends on the server im getting from but maybe im missing something, heres the situation. i had charter 5mb package and was getting speeds from 300-400 kbs download from a specific site. i upgraded to fios, 15/2 on speed test i get 15.5mbs so im getting full speed but when i download form this site im only getting 500 kbs. i know a increase but not what i was expecting. im on OS X and my roomate on XP and we both get around the same. wondering if i should do some tweaking for something on our machines to make them go faster or was i just expecting to much? thanks for any help.

Yeah I would think you could get more out of a 15mb/s line than 8mb/s.

Run this test and post the link here for us to look at, maybe you have some wrong settings or something.  Also check the sticky in the forum and answer as many questions as you can in your next post.

ok so your getting the speeds to the closer site which means its the route to here or we have to tweak it.  Do you have cablenut installed on the computer with windows xp.? if not you can download it here.  http://eebobb.com/files/Cable%20Nut/cablenut408.exe 

After you download it and install it you just click the file i attached on bottom and save it to registry hit OK then hit done and restart your computer and test with this file below

http://www.testmy.net/dl-48638  and post your results when finished