HELP!! WildBlue Internet Problems

x_orange90_x

DSL is digital subscriber line.  It is a network connection that uses your telephone line, preferably through fiber optic phone lines.  Its a normal broadband connection, that has replaced most T1 lines in areas where it is available, and its much cheaper.  Most areas can offer up to 5Mb/s, or more in cities with updated telco equipment.

Satellite is NOTHING like DSL or cable.  Its an entirely different entity altogether.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well yesterday we called and upgraded to the GOLD package (sorry, in the first post i said Gold when actually i meant Silver) and they said it could take up to monday to take effect. but after a very stressing conversation with them last night over the phone, i see that this wont help my situation at all. confused? so was i. they said the bandwith is NOT reset even when u upgrade, so i am still in fact screwed. and after some calculating, i found that the 80% FAP level they talk about has already been reached and surpassed. see, with the silver package u get up to 7.5GB a month, and with the gold u get 12GB. well we are now up to 9.7GB total, and the 80% mark for the Gold package is 9.6GB, so we will still be limited to 128k until early august, while still paying $69.99 a month for 1mb/sec. i think thats a load of shit. but there is no way of getting around it, and JUST from surfing, we have went up 200MB in 2 days, so i cant imagine how high it will be by august. does any1 know of anything i can do about it?

I am not sure what Dish Network calls it, but there is a pro plan that is 1 step higher and it is only $10 more a month. 1.5 down/ 256 up. The limit on that is 17GB with 80% being at 13.6GB, which would get you unfapped.

we signed up with them on June 28th, and the woman on the phone told me after July 28th it would start going back down, so i am right, by August it will be GOING down. until then it is sloww and gay. the other day i did a side-by-side comparison of WildBlue right now and our old dial-up, and dial-up was spankin WildBlue! see we probably used 8GB in the first 4-5 days, so it should be quick getting back down.

here's today's results:

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1054 Kbps about 1.05 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 129 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 145 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 18 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/07/10 - 8:47am

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-LZ2I3SN6Y

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UL35TA7KZ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a3) Gecko/20070322 GranParadiso/3.0a3 [!]

yea, it updated, but its only a matter of hours before we're throttled again. will we be dropped back to 128k, or will they be slightly generous and give us 256k? SWEET!! i just checked out the FAP meter and were down at 380mb!!!!!! they did reset it after all!!!!

Download and install Free Download manager http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Start download then stop it and Schedule it for 3 am and leave your computer on all night.

Hughesnet has a 3 hr period from 3am to 6 am that does not go against FAP time.

I downloaded a 1350 mb update in the 3 hr period and it did not subject me to FAP.

If Wild Blue has a free download time it will work.

Start download then stop it and Schedule it for 3 am and leave your computer on all night.

I downloaded a 1350 mb update in the 3 hr period and it did not subject me to FAP.

Sence when Hughesnet start this? I used to be DirecWay a year or so ago, it didnt matter what time it was once i go over the 169mb mark i was fu@ked

3AM -  AM which timezone?  :wink:

Mine either.  :haha: Was just curious. I mean if you have a revolving clock you should never have fap with them though. Yeah, sprint doesn't seem to mind.  :smiley:

what type of speeds you get? I know you have trouble getin it to test right here. On my Moto Q ive been geting 1-1.2 down on it. I forgot what i get on the upload.

The best part is, it is way more consistent than Dway ever thought of. That U/L has helped tremendously. My old 500/50 campared terribly. Yeah, I like it. And no storm problems any more either. Or Icing of the dish, or etc...........  :2funny:

PLus, if I wanted to take it with me I just put it on a laptop and go.  :wink2: