Scanner choices under $100

i have a lexmark x5470...all in one...

fax scanner printer ...also has slots for camera/memory cards...and a usb port pictbridge

it was right around 100 when i bought it 6 months ago...

and the ink is really reasonable around 20 for black and 20 for color...if i buy from lexmark or best buy...very versatile...i've read bad review on it...but i never had any of those problems...

lexmark x5470

First of all, I have a laser printer and every thing else. I prefer individual items. Only one can go wrong that way. Anyway...is it a pretty decent scanner for the money? Thanks all.  :smiley:

The reviews were pretty good. And i won a $60 gift certificate to be used on new egg, so...

oh sorry tommie...i misunderstood...

i thought this was gonna be a topic talking about different scanner for around 100 bucks...

anyway i do think that scanner is a good one...i like cannon products too...great reviews on that one...

The only scanner that I have owned was a visioneer 7600..  The quality was pretty good... I have not used any Canon product in the last 10 years or so since my first ink jet back in like 1997.

I have used an HP model, a professional series one, and was floored by the detail and the quickness.  What you have looks pretty standard now a days..

oh sorry tommie...i misunderstood...

i thought this was gonna be a topic talking about different scanner for around 100 bucks...

anyway i do think that scanner is a good one...i like cannon products too...great reviews on that one...

Yeah, I miss worded it tdawnaz, at first I was hopong for some idea's. But after researching most of the day (c-net & newegg) I was pretty much confirmed for the price and such. Thanks all.  :grin2:

Canon is "ok" hardware wise, but for my money Epson makes the best scanners, and has versatile software thats easy to use in home mode, and has lots of options in professional mode.

Epson makes great printers too, except for that whole using four tons of ink thing...............and they are picky on paper types, buts thats off topic anyways...

Me likey epson scanner....

EDIT: On second thought, you'll be hard pressed to find an epson scanner for less than 100 so nevermind....

i have a lexmark x5470...all in one...

fax scanner printer ...also has slots for camera/memory cards...and a usb port pictbridge

it was right around 100 when i bought it 6 months ago...

and the ink is really reasonable around 20 for black and 20 for color...if i buy from lexmark or best buy...very versatile...i've read bad review on it...but i never had any of those problems...

lexmark x5470

Lexmark. :icon_pale:

Their ink prices are rifregindiculous. Cost about $60 to refill a Lexmark where I can refill my HP printer for about $30.

Thats what I have, color laser. Cheaper is in the eyes of the beholder. In the long run yes. It lasts forever by comparison. Plus I got tired of dried up color cartridges. Now those got expensive.

Nothing to dry up in laser. The starter kit that came with it lasted for over a year for me. Then I had to buy the black one. The rest are still going. But you do have to watch paper jams, the only problem I have had so far.

Canon is "ok" hardware wise, but for my money Epson makes the best scanners, and has versatile software thats easy to use in home mode, and has lots of options in professional mode.

Epson makes great printers too, except for that whole using four tons of ink thing...............and they are picky on paper types, buts thats off topic anyways...

Me likey epson scanner....

EDIT: On second thought, you'll be hard pressed to find an epson scanner for less than 100 so nevermind....

I agree.....I currently have an Epson all in one.....great product :smiley:

Their ink prices are rifregindiculous. Cost about $60 to refill a Lexmark where I can refill my HP printer for about $30.

Disagree, 100% wrong dude. i have a lexmark all in one 2400 series and it costs 20 dollars to fill it up, and the ink cartridge (yes only one) lasts me for like a year (I am still on my stock one that came with it)

Disagree, 100% wrong dude. i have a lexmark all in one 2400 series and it costs 20 dollars to fill it up, and the ink cartridge (yes only one) lasts me for like a year (I am still on my stock one that came with it)

$20 for both(color & black) or one? Either way the same size cartridge in a Lexmark cost 2x what it would cost in an HP. Also what they don't tell you is in a Lexmark cartridge they make the walls thicker so you get less ink. That is why they don't print the amount on the box like HP does. That is also why a Lexmark cartridge weighs more than an HP cartridge. Then on Lexmark when you buy a new printer you only get a trial cartridge and in HP you get what they call a starter cartridge. Whats the difference? In Lexmark you are not getting a full thing of ink. In HP you are getting a full thing of ink, it just has a substance mixed in with it to help set the heads.(which I am pretty sure the Lexmark has in it as well)

$20 for both(color & black) or one? Either way the same size cartridge in a Lexmark cost 2x what it would cost in an HP. Also what they don't tell you is in a Lexmark cartridge they make the walls thicker so you get less ink. That is why they don't print the amount on the box like HP does. That is also why a Lexmark cartridge weighs more than an HP cartridge.

for one cartridge, and for normal use (for me at least) it lasts longer than seperate cartridges in my old HP

for one cartridge, and for normal use (for me at least) it lasts longer than seperate cartridges in my old HP

In my experience with HP and Lexmark printers I have had the exact opposite results. I can't hardly keep ink in my Lexmark, while the HP will last quite a while.

In my experience with HP and Lexmark printers I have had the exact opposite results. I can't hardly keep ink in my Lexmark, while the HP will last quite a while.

weird lol. yeah my HP sucked ink down like it was nothing. i eventually ended up tossing it in the garbage and selling the usb cable that went with it  :haha: 

weird lol. yeah my HP sucked ink down like it was nothing. i eventually ended up tossing it in the garbage and selling the usb cable that went with it  :haha: 

Lol that is where one of my Lexmarks ended up. I still have one because it is my fax machine. Although when the ink runs out it is probably a goner too. Ah well to each his own I guess lol. :evil6::cool:

the smallest brother inkjet sells dirt cheap (115?) has a cut sheet feeder for the scanner and a usb and network interface. not too bad for the pice. has the memory card reader of course. network scanning also works from the scanner to pcs that have the software installed. not the greatest machine with some quirks (i think the processor ram combo it has is just too small to handle all the features) but at a great price. ink lasts fairly long if you keep printing to draft which gives decent output. inktanks aren't too expensive either

nah i pay 38 total for both...and they last a long time...i print alot of pictures so for me that's important...and i can get photo color ink...

my favorite part of this fax/scanner part is, i can put on a stack of papers that need copied and it feeds them in...i don't have to keep changing it like i did with my flatbed...

i hap a hp before...and man o man...we were talking 55 buck everytime to replace the ink...and it ate it like it was candy...and then i found out that it would leak a little each time i printed...i still have it...any body want it?

:2funny: