Just ordered New monitor

I am currently running a Samsung 17" CRT flat screen (not flat panel). and starting to get dead pixels and have to degauss alot. so I ordered a new monitor. It is an Acer 22" wide screen flat panel.

Model

Brand Acer

Model AL2216Wbd

Cabinet Color Black

Display

Panel Active Matrix, TFT LCD

Screen Size 22"

Widescreen Yes

Display Type WSXGA

Maximum Resolution 1680 x 1050

Recommended Resolution 1680 x 1050

Viewing Angle 170

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks swimmer, it cost 239 lol. the 22 inch viewsonic i wanted from my local walmart was 335 or something like that...  i didn't include the link in my first post did i? lol here it is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009094

and i also ordered a gig of memory for my laptop and a new kodak easyshare C653 ...i know people with them and they are perfect for what i want to use them for. here is that link to the camera, i didnt bookmark the link to my memory so i'm not going to look it up right at the moment (i just got off work)... anyways, here is the link to my camera http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830170098

Well im just going to use what Starship_troopers started. I as well got me a new flat panel tell me what you think?? I havent gotin it out of the box yet. I need to clean my desk first for this thing. :2funny:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8260516&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat104900050027&id=1170289357904

Display  Screen Size Screen Size

LCD monitors are offered in a variety of sizes

22" Wide 

Resolution Resolution

Measured in pixels, or picture elements.

1680 x 1050 

Brightness Brightness

The amount of light emitting from a display or projection device. The brightness of projector is measured by ANSI lumens.

300 cd/㎡ 

Contrast Ratio Contrast Ratio

The screen images will become sharper as the contrast level rises.

DC 3000:1(700:1) 

Response time Response time

The amount of time it takes for a pixel on an LCD panel to go from inactive (black) to active (white) and back to inactive (black) again.

2ms (GTG) 

Viewing Angle (Horizontal / Vertical) Viewing Angle (Horizontal / Vertical)

The maximum angle (horizontal or vertical) from which a user can view an LCD screen.

160˚/160˚ 

Signal input  Sync. Signal Sync. Signal

Type of sync that a monitor can support. Sync is seperated in both Horizontal and Vertical.

Separate H/V, Composite , SOG 

Video Signal Video Signal

Input signal that Monitor can get from devices such as PC, Audio, AV devices

Analog RGB, DVI 

Connector Connector

D-Sub is a connector whose male end has a "D" shaped raised shield that protects the connecting pins. A D-Sub connector is usually a 15-pin or 9-pin connector with each pin corresponding to a different wire or signal within the cable. DVI-D is a digital connector that accepts DVI signal input from a computer. DVI-I is a digital connector on the monitor that accepts both DVI and analog signal input from a computer. A DVI-I connector provides interoperability with widespread current analog systems and the increasing number of computers with DVI compliant digital output.

15pin D-sub, DVI-D 

Power  Power Consumption Power Consumption

Power consumption measured in units of watts.

55W 

Features  Plug & Play Plug & Play

Trouble-free installation of components to a computer. Samsung monitors support DDC1/2B or DDC 2B for Plug & Play compatibility.

DDC 2B 

Multimedia Speakers Multimedia Speakers

Sometimes Samsung offers optional speaker.

No 

Special Features Special Features

Unique sales point of product. It can be design, technology or spec

DVI(HDCP), MagicBright3, High Glossy Black 

Dimension  Product Dimension(With stand, WxHxD) Product Dimension(With stand, WxHxD)

Product dimension with stand (Width x Height x Depth). Measured in milimeter

20.3" x 16.6" x 8.6" 

Shipment Dimension Shipment Dimension

Product with packing dimension(Width x Height x Depth). Measured in milimeter

23.9" x 6.2" x 19.2" 

Weight  Product Weight Product Weight

The weight of product without packing. Measured in kilogram

10.8 Lbs 

Shipment Weight Shipment Weight

The weight of product with packing. Measured in kilogram

16.3 Lbs 

Stand  Function Function

Function of stand. Tilt is basic and Height adjusting, Pivot & Swivel is optional one

Swivel, Tilt 

your going to hate me for this, but you are like 3 weeks late. bestbuy had that monitor for 189.99

thats alright dlewis, the nearest best buy from me is like a 2 hours drive anyways...and last thing i bought from bestbuy (my palm tx i think) died and i had to send it in and get my money back.... :smile2:  but yeah, thanks for telling me, in the future i'll check prices in more places than just what i normally do.  :grin2:

thats alright dlewis, the nearest best buy from me is like a 2 hours drive anyways...and last thing i bought from bestbuy (my palm tx i think) died and i had to send it in and get my money back.... :smile2:  but yeah, thanks for telling me, in the future i'll check prices in more places than just what i normally do.  :grin2:

:haha: :haha:

Its a good monitor tho you will like it. I have one too.

:haha: :haha:

Its a good monitor tho you will like it. I have one too.

cool, people say that the vertical veiwing angle is horrible, but i dont see why, i'm looking at it straight on (or at least i will be when i gets here...) so what is the problem...btw i know people with this monitor and i find nothing wrong with it...But to clear it up is there a problem when watching videos of backlighting on the top...i've never seen any.