Why everyone should boycott Continental Airlines

water

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....theres a good use for a bra....its like a barrier for us men LOL...something that separates us from them LOL  :cheesy:

wait...why on earth would i wanna do that??...that's not a good use...not good at all...

wait...water, c'mere quick...!!!...was she wearing a bra??...i think i've solved it...that's why they all left her there...all she had to do was take her bra off?

i am not taking anyones side, but continental has always treated me fairly, bumped me up on early flights whenever possible, changed my seats in the last minute, and everything....if anything, i like them....but if what they did, they did actually do, it sux......

Maybe they bumped you up on earlier flights so they could close shop earlier. :icon_scratch:

I have a big pile of cut brush out back I'm burning this weekend so if any of you want your bras burned just send them, it may look like the 4th of July then. :haha:

• 2 weeks later...

im looking at it from my perspective....i dont think im being rude since if it was me, I wouldnt expect any hospitality either - honestly....if i appeared to be rude sorry, just different opinion/mentality and a state of mind

in europe, where i come from, people wouldnt naturally expect this type of customer service if this particular situation happened...thats why i find it quite normal.....i just dont find it to be a big deal, thats all

Woah, hold on disturbed ,not sure about your part of Europe , and that is beside the point anyway, by not complaining in the right quarters , you are doing the Airline and all it's employees  a disservice., if you make one customer happy they will tell around 10 friends , if you treat the customer in the way this one was treated 100 friends will take note and try to avoid this Airline. , and in this instance   1000's of potential customers have now  got the message , now considering the amount of money spent by Airlines in advertising , ( about 15% of the ticket price ) a few hundred $ compensation and more care in the future ,  would  save thousands of new customers going to rival Airlines , would be welcomed by any astute business  ,

If the Airline or any buisness isn't aware of the problem , the customers vanish , and the company goes broke, leaving 1000's unemployed , so complaining is to their avantage , if they don't see it that way , it will soon be goodnight from them ,IMHO,

wow...hey water...tell us...how is ur friend??...i'll bet she wished she'd stayed here a bit longer...with all the flooding...but maybe she's a glass half full kinda person like roco and has taken it all in a positive light...

was she effected at all by the floods?

Just a quick note.  The reason for the delay at the departing airport, if the delay was not at the fault of the airline. Then there obligation as the service provider would be limited.  The same as if a storm grounds/cancels your flight the airline is not required to put you up in a hotel, because that is an act of God. 

Not saying they should not have afforded the effort to care and assist your friend, the customer, just making the point.

And to Roco that topic of complaint is a slippery slope.  ATT(i think, one of the cell phone companies) recently dropped 10k customers for calling customer service to much.  These customers complained so much and tied up the phones so much the companies service ratings were suffering so they said. 

We obviously cant make you happy or provide you with good service so here is a refund go with another carrier. 

Not being an ass just a funny store and being in the service industry the legit complaints sometimes seem to be really few and far between.

Just a quick note.  The reason for the delay at the departing airport, if the delay was not at the fault of the airline. Then there obligation as the service provider would be limited.  The same as if a storm grounds/cancels your flight the airline is not required to put you up in a hotel, because that is an act of God. 

Not saying they should not have afforded the effort to care and assist your friend, the customer, just making the point.

And to Roco that topic of complaint is a slippery slope.  ATT(i think, one of the cell phone companies) recently dropped 10k customers for calling customer service to much.  These customers complained so much and tied up the phones so much the companies service ratings were suffering so they said. 

We obviously cant make you happy or provide you with good service so here is a refund go with another carrier. 

Not being an ass just a funny store and being in the service industry the legit complaints sometimes seem to be really few and far between.

:shock:You Guys still using "Act of God clause " :shock: , a term avoided in the UK since  he was called as a witness in the UK , In this case leaving a female passenger alone in an unknown airport , would be seen as not taking "due care ",

and if anything unpleasant  had happened to her , that Airline would be dead in the water within 1 month ,

:shocked: ATT dumped it's complaining 10 k customers ! , and gave them money ,

was the service that bad ?, was a analysis made of the complaints , if all 10k complaints were broadly speaking about the same thing , if so ATT are getting complacent or have a monopoly ,

complaining is not a slippery slope , just a usefull marketing tool IMHO ,

No the issue is about people that think that a business owes them something as a customer.  Customers are not entitled to S#!t besides exactly what they payed for. Everything else is because consumers in the states are ignorant and lazy.

And no I'm not talking about the previous poster in anyway.

And the issue with the ATT customers was the use of customer service for the same issues over and over that were classified by ATT as none issues.

I am in the food service industry and would happily give up 25% of my income to not have to deal with the people that think they are entitled to anything they want. 

And if you are reading this and you think I am crazy for saying that someone doesn't deserve a refund anytime they are not satisfied with there product then don't comment, you are one of the people that I am talking about and that I would rather not even have in my restaurant.  If you think a company that you just spent 2 dollars with buying the cheapest thing on the menu should give two shits about your contentment you are in the group as well.

No the issue is about people that think that a business owes them something as a customer.  Customers are not entitled to S#!t besides exactly what they payed for. Everything else is because consumers in the states are ignorant and lazy.

And the issue with the ATT customers was the use of customer service for the same issues over and over that were classified by ATT as none issues.

I am in the food service industry and would happily give up 25% of my income to not have to deal with the people that think they are entitled to anything they want. 

I am going to hopefully assume you do not realize exactly what you just said, because I am an American consumer. And not ignorant or lazy.

So I'll give you an opportunity to change that remark.  :evil2:

No, I am also an American consumer and 99% of the American consumers think that they are entitled to some special service.  You know the people the guys that stand in line with their arms crossed the middle aged woman that yells at a 16 year old working in a Wal-mart.  Those are the people i am talking about the customers that truly believe they are special because they spend 5 dollars.

No, I am also an American consumer and 99% of the American consumers think that they are entitled to some special service.  You know the people the guys that stand in line with their arms crossed the middle aged woman that yells at a 16 year old working in a Wal-mart.  Those are the people i am talking about the customers that truly believe they are special because they spend 5 dollars.

That statement may be true, but again not 99%. I am sure you will find the percentage much lower than 10%, They are just the noisy ones. The rest you  just do not hear about.  :wink:

And yes I know the type. "I only used those tennis shoes for 2 1/2 years, why can't I return them for a full refund?" Idiousy, but still a very small group none the less.

:smiley:

Well, I guess the worst part is that that group of people all shop in the same places so it might just seem that way in those places.  I am so sick of the rude customer that I have just starting calling the cops and throwing them out with a restraining order.  They are not worth my time.  Also, why am so jaded about the topic.

I understand and do not blame you. I would do the same. I have said  things over the years, like getting cut in front of "Excuse me, are you blind to all of us standing here?" So yeah, we all see it.

And the reason Walmart does it is they want everyone shopping there. The few dumbasses are not worth making anybody else uncormfortable. It's a percentage thing.

I am glad I don't use fast food stores  :lol:

sounds like that famous world wide Scottish  restaurant Mac........?

BTW, old Brit saying ," if you cant stand the heat , get out the kitchen ,"

it ain't worth the hassle Bro,

:undecided:, yeah I understand what you are saying , I was in that industry for 10 years (manufacturing ) as an engineer , I moved into medical research  the customer don't complain if ya get it wrong, but their family attornies sure do ,

we seem to have lost track of what this topic is about...and the fact is it has nothing to do with a food order that someone wasn't happy with...this was a woman whose whole world was lost in a foreign country by an airline that just turned out the lights and said good nite...they do have a fiduciary duty to see that she arrives safely...and they did not do that...for that she should be compensated...and as roco stated...her family could have owned that airline if anything at all bad had happened to her...it has nothing to do with expecting something for nothing or being lazy...geeze...get on topic and stand by ur own morals and values instead of packdogging with someone that has no clue...

And if you are reading this and you think I am crazy for saying that someone doesn't deserve a refund anytime they are not satisfied with there product then don't comment, you are one of the people that I am talking about and that I would rather not even have in my restaurant. If you think a company that you just spent 2 dollars with buying the cheapest thing on the menu should give two S#!ts about your contentment you are in the group as well.

Please refer to my sig, thank you for shopping.

we seem to have lost track of what this topic is about...and the fact is it has nothing to do with a food order that someone wasn't happy with...this was a woman whose whole world was lost in a foreign country by an airline that just turned out the lights and said good nite...they do have a fiduciary duty to see that she arrives safely...and they did not do that...for that she should be compensated...and as roco stated...her family could have owned that airline if anything at all bad had happened to her...it has nothing to do with expecting something for nothing or being lazy...geeze...get on topic and stand by ur own morals and values instead of packdogging with someone that has no clue...

Thanks for keeping this topic real tdawn, she's home safe, but I don't know if she'll come to visit again. I did everything I could to make her comfrotable, but Jesus Fucking Chrsit! Continental SUCKS at customer service!