Canopy Screwing Up!

castoy

Castoy the problem is within your LAN card. sometimes the operating system will get errors on TCP/IP. I have experienced before a problem the Leased Expires date is the same with Leased Obtained. The registery got error on the LAN card so I have to reformat and reinstall again the OS. :wink:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castoy the problem is within your LAN card. sometimes the operating system will get errors on TCP/IP. I have experienced before a problem the Leased Expires date is the same with Leased Obtained. The registery got error on the LAN card so I have to reformat and reinstall again the OS. :wink:

woah woah woah! wait.... reformat??!?!?!?!?!? damn!!!

huhuhu... this is such a pain... tsk...

May I butt in...everytime I open my canopy there's a different name on the site name, site location, and site contact does that mean it's not my canopy?

It's supposed to be your name, contact, and location that should be in your canopy.. And it should'nt change.. I think that the smartbro rep that installed ur canopy is really stupid.. You really should call them and ask them to come by your house to check on it.. It was installed 5 days ago right? and you didnt experience speeds above 150+? You should really bug them about your situation (smart) coz youre not getting your money's worth.

I too experience bad speeds for about 2 days now (30-150 Kbps)

Inconsistent SMART BRO-KEN!! :ar15fire:

got a friend who was installed a sendfar antenna instead of the motorola canopy lite, damn that sendfar module was used before the days of smart wifi before they renamed themselves smartbro. new connection old canopy. how crappy do you get with smart!

i think my canopy is screwed. says i'm only connected @ 10.0mbps from my connection status which is supposed to be 100.0 mbps right? help me... it just started when i noticed the "reboot required" sign in my canopy when i checked for my rssi and jitter. gourame said click the reboot button and voila! instant screw up! (no i'm not blamming you dude... :D peace tayo!!) and my speed is sooo slow. :( so can someone please give me their Canopy Configuration Settings? or a screen shot of it... i need the ff under configuration:

1. General

2. IP

3. QoS

4. Security

5. VLAN

TIA!

pls disable the canopy default plug detection......

Somebody found out that the LAN mess, re: from 100Mbps down to 10Mbps, is caused by SmartBro's QuickFix 2.

Check out a post from one EKANS: http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=18616.msg230763;topicseen#msg230763

Haven't tried coz I do not use QuickFix 2. Is this true?

I'm using it and I havent experienced anything bad.. Well, its good to be cautious anyway... Just use the old version coz its proven safe...

i experienced the same thing few days ago... i think the quick fix might have caused it. might as well uninstall it...

Im getting pretty scared of your posts...  :undecided: I better uninstall too. Looks like Quickfix 2 is really the problem.. I am going to revert to the old quickfix.

Hello peepz, for me QuickFix from Smartbro-ken is a useless tool. You can ping by yourself the DNS servers as well as the Gateway, and the name of the software is very deceiving because it does not fix the internet connection problem. STUPID smartbro engineers!!!. It would just a waste of your harddisk space.

Hello peepz, for me QuickFix from Smartbro-ken is a useless tool. You can ping by yourself the DNS servers as well as the Gateway, and the name of the software is very deceiving because it does not fix the internet connection problem. STUPID smartbro engineers!!!. It would just a waste of your harddisk space.

Thats a good point!! :grin:

I have 19 reported case in my area and some others from gensan etc about smart screwin up this days. i think theyre doin remote configurations on the subs and it doesnt help but screw up the speeds. if you are experiencing problems like lease time cut down to days, lan aggregate connection of 10 Mbps, and canopy lockouts then you are a victim. in my case i always check my connection and seein that i got locked out for no reasons is somthing not ordinary, first i got my leased time cut down to 7 days from a default of 37 years, and next the lockout. with the lan status i was able to bring it back 100 mbps, the lockout i was able to manage and revert the configs they did. drawback is im gettin low speeds at the moment, like yesterday the speed was like crap and went ok by nighttime. use your quickfix 1 to check your DNS status and if it shows up losses then your in for a day.

can you tell me how can i bring back my lan status to 100Mbps? i was a victim too! i cant access my canopy page very well but when im able to, it does not display my account info but instead it displays OTHERS ACCOUNT INFO  :cry: and by the way my speed after this incident is REALLY PISSING ME OFF!! from 400+ to 20Kbps!