8007000B error when updating vista

Le_Murphant

Hello friendly people of TMN. I've had this problem for a while now, I thought that it might take care of itself but it doesn't seem minded to do so. So here it is: When I try updating my vista premium 32bit os through windows update, most updates fail and I get the 8007000B error. After googling it, I found that the command line    fsutil resource setautoreset true C:    is supposed to fix that, and it seems that it worked for pretty much everyone that tried it. Only, in my case, I get a BSOD every time I do. And after that, I still can't update. I tried looking for other solutions and someone suggested I type SFC /scannow. I did, which resulted in yet another BSOD. I tried SFC /verifyonly which completes and doesn't seem to find any errors. Please note that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing  :angel:. So now I am a little confused as to what I should do. I find vista's features great but that error and the infamous nvlddmkm display driver error stop me from recommending it. Hope you guys can help me on this one. If it helps, I'm running vista in French.