Hi!~ Newbie with slow speeds!

mbeer

Hi everyone!  Just found this site yesterday and have been doing alot of reading.  I have been doing some speed tests and cannot believe the awful stats I am getting.  The first download test I did was last night at about 3pm EST and that was AWFUL!  I know it was not a good time to test.  My download connection at that time was only 519 kbps, my download speed was (ouch) only 63 kb/s only 9x faster than dial up!    This morning my speeds were a bit better but still only running at 77.35% of the average and I posted them below.

My DW7000 satellite system info is as follows: 

Longitute: 93W - Recieve Frequency: 1046MHz,

Recieve Symbol Rate: Msps, Transmit Radio: 1 Watt.

So...is there anything I can do to help speed up my situation?  Should I call Hughes? (Looks like that would get me no where by reading the forum)  Any of your expert advise would be appreciated!

share2-X2GP01ZFL

Hi, thanks for your response.  I currently have the Home plan.  I was considering an upgrade to the Pro but was not sure if it would be worth the extra $20 bucks a month or not or if it would even make that big of a difference.  Do you think it would be best to use the Pro plan?

Depends on your use, I myself never wanted to increase my time with hughes. So since I was geetting speeds like you, I just used it till times got better and now something better finally arrived.

So what do you do with it?

I surfed well with the home plan, and D/L's weren't bad. U/L sucked though. Of course I only had a 500/50 home plan. So what speeds are yours supposed to be?

welcome to the forum mbeer  :hello::welcome: enjoy ur stay...stay long...come back often...

i just popped in here real quick to let u know...u said that ur a "newbie"...here at testmy.net there is no such animal...as a matter of fact it's a dirty word around here...we have the less experienced (u and me) and we have the more experienced (everyone else) if u stay around here long enough...once again i'll be in the first category all by myself again :) (i like it in there...i get i meet so many nice new people) so like i said hearty welcome to u :)

Thank you for the warm welcome tdawnaz!  Well then...I fall into the less experienced catagory for sure!  :smiley:  I am getting a new high seed laptop next week to replace my old dinasour and I am just trying to get my act together and make sure my satellite is running as well as it can. 

I sure appreciate any help anyone can give me that is for sure!

I am getting a new high seed laptop next week to replace my old dinasour and I am just trying to get my act together and make sure my satellite is running as well as it can. 

I sure appreciate any help anyone can give me that is for sure!

:welcome:

If you don't belong to the Actor's Guild then try here; http://www.dslreports.com/faq/satellite  :wink: