Local and International Speed Differs..

thugster_9904

Hey Guys.. Just want to ask some help..

I've finally came up with a conclusion based on my observation on my bandwidth...

When I download files for example, at ranonline.com.ph i can get high speeds because i download the file "Locally"= means within the Philippines, i can download at a speed of 45 kb/s...

But when on International Sites like download.com, i can only download at 20kb/s...

My conclusion is, i'm having problem when downloading files and browsing sites internationally...

and maybe, that's the reason why im getting 360+ KBPS in PLDTplay.com and 2wire.com while on testmy.net and speedtest.net, which are international bandwidth test sites is only a frustrating 170 Kbps and still fluctuating...

What do you think guys? What steps should i take? Im only using windows firewall and i also tried disabling it but when i did that, there's a very wild fluctuation in my speed like, getting to 90 kb/s download speed and so...

What's Happening?!?!? Help Guys!!

Tnx!  :smitten:

What i mean is their speeds are in 384 kbps... i once got to that speed but suddenly, my speed changed and as of what i have said, my speed differs locally and internationally... I can easily access Local sites like ranonline.com.ph and download files from them at a spedd of 47 kb/s.. But when i download, for example, in download.com, i can only get a speed of 25kb/s...

Can you get my point?

:smitten:

What i mean is their speeds are in 384 Kbps... i once got to that speed but suddenly, my speed changed and as of what i have said, my speed differs locally and internationally... I can easily access Local sites like ranonline.com.ph and download files from them at a spedd of 47 kB/s.. But when i download, for example, in download.com, i can only get a speed of 25kB/s...

Can you get my point?

:smitten:

It all has to do with the route that you take to our servers... The closer you are to Dallas, TX the better off you are going to be first off.. Then you have to figure in the fact that to get onto the US backbones you are pretty much going to hit some of the busiest routers in the world.. Which means that your Latency will go up and overall throughput is going to drop off.  For anyone, even those in the US, you are going to have faster speeds on your local network.  One of the reasons that Damon hosts with who he has chosen to host with it because just about every backbone provider that is used here in the US and a few from Europe have connection running into his datacenter...  Meaning that routing is simplified and speeds are more accurate...  But my guess is that the backbone that Smartbro uses is not a large provider.. so you are going to hit some pretty busy routers along the way.

Thanks for a decent reply Swimmer.. You know, im in a very deep need in help.. But why is it that im only experiencing it now? Im a Smart Bro Subscriber for about 3 months and my bandwidth is a stable 360+ KBPS.. Can it be that the canopy is the problem? The cable of the canopy?

Thanks for the reply Swimmer!! Really taught me a lot!! ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...