Starting an Online TV Channel / iPTV

FiberOptic

Has anyone on TMN attempted this?

Just wondering and need some feedback, Wont be anything major, Just some homegrown talent, mainly some music videos ect of a few unsigned mates bands.

• What is the best compression method to use - and retain quality
  • What are the best stream systems around - Nullsoft seems best suited - But can you do overlays and everything with it?
  • Are there any licenses you need to do this, As I know there is the PPL ect for Online Radio if it isnt your content?
  • Does anyone actually use IPTV or Online TV Streams

Sorry if this post seems as if its asking too much, As im sure I could get some really great feedback from here.

Has anyone on TMN attempted this?

Just wondering and need some feedback, Wont be anything major, Just some homegrown talent, mainly some music videos ect of a few unsigned mates bands.

• What is the best compression method to use - and retain quality
  • What are the best stream systems around - Nullsoft seems best suited - But can you do overlays and everything with it?
  • Are there any licenses you need to do this, As I know there is the PPL ect for Online Radio if it isnt your content?
  • Does anyone actually use IPTV or Online TV Streams

Sorry if this post seems as if its asking too much, As im sure I could get some really great feedback from here.

Well, I dont know. You may be just better off making a youtube account, Video is alot harder to stream than audio. So you would have to buy a server to run it off of if you wanted more than 2 or 3 viewers.

Well, I dont know. You may be just better off making a youtube account, Video is alot harder to stream than audio. So you would have to buy a server to run it off of if you wanted more than 2 or 3 viewers.

Youtube sucks, he wouldn't want to use those. go with http://ustream.tv or http://revver.com they are much better.

There are websites around that make shared streaming servers, so you can stream to 100's of people for onlike like 10 bucks a month.