dual booting with the same os.........

ninjageek

I had always thought it was impossible to dual boot with the same versions of xp. You could not put xp pro on both the master and slave drive and dual boot them.

By golly yes you can. I was goofing around and wanted to see if it could be done. I did it. I just renamed xp pro to xp home in the boot file, then installed xp pro again and it was done. Works anyway. Let me guess you all knew this the whole time??

I don't ever use system restore. Its the first thing I turn off when installing xp for myself. I use norton ghost 2003 To keep xp backed up.

I had always thought you could never run two versions of the same os system. Then one day playing with the boot files it kinda dawned on me. Hey why not?  I also learned another neat trick. I downloaded a copy of xp pro. It was a modified in a way that looked pretty cool to me. Put my legit key in it and works fine. Oh the things you can learn playing around and just trying it out. But again. I ALWAYS keep a ghost image of the instalation on a seperate partition. That way if my idea fails I simply resotre it with ghost.