Verizon Fios Download Problems

Nemesis21

I just had Verizon Fios installed in my house.  When doing the speedtest just to definitely check my speeds, I have seen that my DL speed was actually less than minimum.  It's speed ranged from 537kbps on speakeasy.net to even 213kbps on infospeed.verizon.net.  Though my UL speeds were exactly what I had chosen for my package; 4.5mbps - 4.9mbps.  My supposed DL/UL is 20 down and 5 up.  I am using an Actiontec MI424-WR

Now, I called up tech support to try and fix it but to no avail.  They sent out a tech to come in and try to troubleshoot the problem, but when he connected using his laptop, he was actually getting 20/5.  I have turned off the Microsoft Firewall, uninstalled Symantec Antivirus, as well as tried to decrease the number of processes run in the background in XP.  They have optimized my computer, changed the setting in the NIC card from Auto to 100full duplex.  They have even changed my router 3x now. 

Is there anyone out there who have had similar issues like this one??  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Nemesis

Glad to hear it worked out  :smiley:

If you do continue to have any problems, have them re-check the box they installed.

Our neighbors had it installed, and couldn't get full speeds, and they eventually figured out it was a problem within the verizon box(the one they installed in the house was defective)..Verizon replaced the box, and they are cruisin now..   :azn:

Of everyone I have known to have it installed, all have gotten full speeds 24/7...The only problem, was my neighbor, and it was solved quickly.