Toshiba laptop and vista

Marcin541

I believe that is part of power management built into the OS..  Dell, for example, also has QuickSet which monitors the battery to see if it is being used or if the computer is running from AC power.. Then QuickSet selects, based on some pre-defined schemes, the best scheme for what you are trying to do with the computer.. 

However, there is also hardware versions of this..  Intel and AMD have speed stepping capabilities.  Which means based on the usage of the computer, the PC and actually cut power to parts of the processor, thereby reducing the overall speed but at the same time reducing the overall power consumption.  Intel, with it Centrino platform, also is able to adjust the front side bus speed and a few other things that make it more attractive to the mobile user.

There are only options to change it overall, i mean if i change it to high performance, ya the LCD brightness goes up, but when I unplug the power, there is no change. What I want it to do is change to the lowest performance one while on battery...

Hi Folks,

I have an acer 5100, with Vista pre-installed, have the same problem, it doesn't look for a different power profile while in battery power, though i can easily switch profiles manually.

--rammolo