Roco

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked:  Sorry to say but I told you this was the way the UK is going 

and  IMO the wrong move , :sad:

There are about 5,500 British military personnel in Iraq, down from 18,000 in May 2003 at the end of combat operations. and another 500 are leaving now ,

US 'frustrated' with UK forces 

US officials have warned that UK troops are too thin on the ground.

The Liberal Democrat leader, Sir Menzies Campbell, told BBC News 24 he thought the pull-out marked the end of British troops' role in Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6966085.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/6975375.stm

imo, I may sound like a turd for saying this, But this is for the good.

We need our troops back home, When all the flooding was happening our troops werent able to get involved and help with the recovery and stuff and at the time, the emergency services were down on there knees struggling with the demand.

British troops being in Iraq make it seem that the whole of Britain support what other countries troops do, e.g, Rapes ect, Causing backclashes in our own country.

Before they can rebuild other countries they need to fix there own, How much longer can people take of fear of getting on busses, trains and flying away on holidays?

and the real shock news

Troops argue Iraq is 'unwinnable' 

By Paul Wood

BBC News defence correspondent 

Because there is nothing to win. We didn't go to Iraq with a real purpose. If we wanted to find WMD's, we wouldn't have advertised on CNN that we were coming for the 2 months before it began, giving them plenty of time to move the to Iran and Syria.

Anyone remember what Saddam Hussein's favorite TV channel was? I'll give you a hint. It began with a C and ended with an N.

Nope, It was fine, We only had a few inches on our side, The other side of town was the worst, With a bridge collapsing, But lucky it was the industrial end and not residential.

Luckily no-one died, A few got hurt but they're fine now. Everyone stuck together and we pulled through (minus me on holiday), and if anything like this happens again, Im sure that our responce as a community will be stronger now that we have an experience of what happens.

Because there is nothing to win. We didn't go to Iraq with a real purpose. If we wanted to find WMD's, we wouldn't have advertised on CNN that we were coming for the 2 months before it began, giving them plenty of time to move the to Iran and Syria.

Anyone remember what Saddam Hussein's favorite TV channel was? I'll give you a hint. It began with a C and ended with an N.

I agree there Philp, My original thoughts on WMD and I still see it the same way , after S.H. broadcast to the world that he had not got any , there was no way he could have used WMD's anyway , the wrath of the word would have fallen on his head ,

and I still cant believe how seriously we underestimated the fanaticism of the Arab world , I sill see control of oil behind all this , I think we were all mislead to the true purpose of this war , which will take years to sort out fully , (20 +imho )

Fiberoptic , I think now holds the majority view in the UK , we are a small nation of  60 Million , and indeed we have had more than our fair share of problems this year ,

But, I just feel that we can't just walk away from a problem we helped to create ,

there was no way he could have used WMD's anyway , the wrath of the word would have fallen on his head

hate to disagree wwith you old boy, but he does have quite a history of using WMDs on the iranians (granted, who cares) and kurds in his territory. and with him in the running to join the nuke club, developing a rocket that could reach israel and his proven willingness to use WMDs the thought of him having them is scary. it's like with te iranians. their rethoric against israel in particular combined with their quest for a nuke tipped rocket to reach em is downright scary.

Hmmm, yeah you are right on the nuke part , I guess I was looking in the rear view mirror on that , but I cant share the Israel bit , sorry as I am for them , but who had the right to grant them that  territory in the first place ?  ,it was convenient at the time . but was just brushing the problem under the carpet , IMHO ,