20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after re-doing the steps as suggested by coolbuster, here are my new results:

share2-GIODXEYLH&dual=yes&q2=KNB7QVAHC

Still no improvement, although my upload's up from the last speedtest.  I'm putting this down to this current downtime, and it's the first time it happened to me. 

Hopefully their service will be back up the soonest -- I'm looking forward to catching up on my online game!  :cool:

...and of course my siblings' schoolwork are at stake too :angel:

@beldeti

aboout ur question if the 20 steps could be used in conjunction with elijahpaul's, the answer is yes.

if the settings in your canopy are different from the one in the screencshot, you should change it to match the screenshot. click save changes and then reboot.

if you can't change the settings of your canopy, maybe it is locked. search for the RJ-11 reset plug in the forums.

also, try to browse all the posts, there are issues that say that TCPOptimizer and cablenut can't be used together. although it works fine for me,it is not so for other  systems.

also check for unwanted programs that run in the background of your system that could be hogging valuable resources.

@fr0stbound,

thanks for the reply. I did these 20 steps as it seemed easier to do.  Will do elijahpaul's later tonight.

Another factor, not directly contributing to SmartBro slowdown but to our annoyance at home, is that one of our 256mb RAM sticks aren't recognized -- we're running on 256mb RAM instead of 512mb!  :angry:

ah well. more later, when I've done more.  Thanks again.

@fr0stbound,

thanks for the reply. I did these 20 steps as it seemed easier to do.  Will do elijahpaul's later tonight.

Another factor, not directly contributing to SmartBro slowdown but to our annoyance at home, is that one of our 256mb RAM sticks aren't recognized -- we're running on 256mb RAM instead of 512mb!  :angry:

ah well. more later, when I've done more.  Thanks again.

update:

if you already have satisfactory speed tested for a week, then write down the values of your cablenut setting and keep it. you might need to re-apply your setting at least once a week. the registry values might change from time to time especially if your downloading/installing Windows Updates.

update:

if you already have satisfactory speed tested for a week, then write down the values of your cablenut setting and keep it. you might need to re-apply your setting at least once a week. the registry values might change from time to time especially if your downloading/installing Windows Updates.

Thanks, will keep it in mind.  Last speedtest earlier this morning was in the 200+kbps.  Hopefully it will improve some more.

I tried cable and tcp optimizer with no luck...

but in

CFosspeed(v4.01.310)  make my dayssssssssss... almost 2 yrs now up and running... wootttt.. 5 desktop pc's and a lappy all wireless connections in my house..  :smile2:

@ fr0stbound

hey i already did that i complain about my connection! and there's a lots of APOLOGY AND EXCUSES in there replies!! ahaha smartbro sucks!

and they said this

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention.

We recognize the importance of having reliable Smart Bro service at all times and acknowledge our obligation to ensure that unhampered Internet connection is constantly achieved. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. In our aim to promptly address the irregularity you are experiencing, we wish to ask for the following informations:

and this

We recognize our responsibility to ensure that our subscribers enjoy unhampered use of the service. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be assured that we remain committed to our obligation of ensuring reliable service to the satisfaction of our customers. We will be doing necessary measures to meet your expectations on the service.

We have created a Service Request (SR) number for your concern. You may us SR#@23!@%$^$ as a reference and proof that close coordination is now being done with our support group to resolve your connection concern the soonest. In the meantime, we ask for your patience and understanding while necessary actions are being carried out.

With our intervention, we aim to put things in order and deliver the quality of service you deserve.

(hay gawin nalng nila sana amfness!!)

and this theyre reply today!

Thank you for letting us know your concern.

You give us your SR number for follow-through purposes. Please be assured that our  technical support personnel will exert their best efforts to improve the delivery of service the soonest possible.  It is for this reason that follow-through action, through connection check-up and troubleshooting, shall be conducted.

The base station where you are homed was not yet included in the upgrade.  Nevertheless, you may continue to enjoy the 384Kbps maximum bursting speed of our broadband service.

all of you guyz complain now! lets flood the smartbro CS! ahaha and post also what they will say to you! if its there a comparison in there feedback to my feedbacks here! BOBO NGA TALAGA MGA SMARTBRO CS!

e2 nga pala ung name nag assist sakin sas CS Cill S. Ibanez/cvs and Carlyn V. Sabarre

i did the download already and im checking now my connection speed...hehe  and can u tell me how to reset?

you need to calibrate...

download large file I suggest at microsoft and then click calibrate line at cfos taskbar menu... at the same time just browse some site and you will notice something....

3rd Try : IMPROVING HUH~!!!!!

SmarTest : 190 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps (23 kB/s)

Medium : 261 Kbps or 0.3 Mbps (32 kB/s)

Large : 267 Kbps or 0.3 Mbps (33 kB/s)

Larger : 246 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps (30 kB/s)

Largest : 224 Kbps or 0.2 Mbps (27 kB/s)

Dual : 283 Kbps or 0.28 Mbps (35 kB/s)

DOES CFOSPEED SPEEDS UP DOWNLOAD?

4th Try :

Smartest 369 Kbps or 0.4 Mbps (45 kB/s) *

Medium 293 Kbps or 0.3 Mbps (36 kB/s)

Large 301 Kbps or 0.3 Mbps (37 kB/s)

Larger 297 Kbps or 0.3 Mbps (36 kB/s) &

Largest 297 Kbps or 0.3 Mbps (36 kB/s) &

Dual 369 Kbps or 0.37 Mbps (45 kB/s) *

REALLY IMPROVING!!!