20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by "with default", do you mean without tweaks?

also, post how to use proxies for our less tech savvy friends. :smiley:

P.S. i'm planning on switching to a Linux based OS, meaning i will lose my tweaks. but what bothers me is there is a previous post that said that his connection doesn't work for both windows and mac. i wonder if it would happen to me too.

by "with default", do you mean without tweaks?

also, post how to use proxies for our less tech savvy friends. :smiley:

P.S. i'm planning on switching to a Linux based OS, meaning i will lose my tweaks. but what bothers me is there is a previous post that said that his connection doesn't work for both windows and mac. i wonder if it would happen to me too.

A) "default" means with tweaks.

B) How to put a proxy:

1) Open your Internet Explorer

2) Go to Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Lan Settings

3) Check "Use a proxy server for your LAN"

4) In the Address box input proxy.meridian.ph

5) In the Port box input 8080

6) Click OK then close.

C) Be careful in switching OS'es. You might end up redirected to the Smartbro portal w/c is hassle. I hope you know and have jotted down your SmartBro username and password. and of course you'll bid goodbye to your Cablenut [nerdly]

yeah, i had that username and password hidden. i also know that i will be losing my cablenut tweaks, meaning the only thing left for me to tweak would be the canopy, which isn't enough.

but i also really feel like going the less taken road, away from bill's brain child.

well, it's your choice. sometimes better things are discovered by curiousity.  :roll:

well, as they say, to each his own. btw, i may have to prolong that switch, since i may need to upgrade my system. i only have 256mb of ram, 64 of which is shared with the video card.

mine is 1GB of RAM & separate 256MB Video Card. Im planning to have 4GB RAM & 512MB Video Card by December this year. still scouting for brands.