20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know what it is called, but what it does is ground your connection so your computer doesn't get fried when the canopy is struck by lightning. here's what it looks like without the cover and set up. the black wire comes from the canopy, the white/gray one connects to the pc, and the yellow/green wire at the middle goes to the grounding material(concrete, metal attached to the ground. the installers said it doesn't come with the package, but they have it so i think it is a by-request thing. or maybe they just got annoyed with me so they let me have it.

@coolbuster, ive already changed my canopy settings, with  Rssi value of 15++ or 18++ between that.. ive done the cablenut tweakings, i follwed the instructions, im from bulacan .. how could i knw the distance??? uhm?? its 20 steps from the smart site... ie is my browser, program that is running, ym only and nothing els, i use ccleaner, almost every time i open my pc, ive downloaded the csofspeed? and uninstaalll it,  thats all

@mapuamj - press print screen( Prn Scr), open paint, press ctrl+v then save as a jpeg. don't forget to erase things like your ip, that will compromise your security.

@coolbuster - i can't open the black one. but all it does is connect two cables, in case the default one is too short to reach the PC. you didn't have to ask for the white box, they just gave it to you?

ow how ca i make a screen shot?

here's how:

PC

1) when you already have the canopy panel displayed (maximized) on your desktop, press Print Screen SysRq button of your keyboard.

2) go to start menu/all programs/accessories/paint/edit/paste

3) adjust the size then save as a .jpeg file.

test.my.net

1) click Reply (NOT Quick Reply) /additional options/attach/browse/ok

2) add your message then post.

@coolbuster - i can't open the black one. but all it does is connect two cables, in case the default one is too short to reach the PC. you didn't have to ask for the white box, they just gave it to you?

yes. with a couple of white Cat 5 extension lan wires. they are my friends - the reason of their generosity.

another thing on firefox

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and look for the following entries:

2. Alter the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.

try this and you can see the difference ...........