20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

I know what is a proxy coz im a system admin. ive been using proxy.smartbro.net as a proxy for the last 2 months. and haven't got the speed like that, i ranges only 300-360kbps but now i have this speed, starting last night.

speed test as of 1730H | August 23, 2007

share2-IFHR7POUJ&dual=yes&q2=BZ16WF5I2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what is a proxy coz im a system admin. ive been using proxy.smartbro.net as a proxy for the last 2 months. and haven't got the speed like that, i ranges only 300-360Kbps but now i have this speed, starting last night.

just posted that info so others will know.

hmm. if you didn't touch anything to make it just that... I think your base station has been upgraded. congratulations.

another smart technicians came to my house and then i said i was experiencing disconnection and low download speed lately.. they checked if the power level is high and if not, they said he will change the antenna.. they looked for the antenna and they said that the place of my antenna is not receiving any reply so they changed the place and place it beside my window and the power level increase but after they left. i got DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRGRRRRRRRRGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

M*****F***** SMARTBROKEN!!!

btw before they left. they said that i will not get any DC anymore!!!!

btw before they left. they said that i will not get any DC anymore!!!!

sad to hear that. aside from tech support, they got onsite technicians that are very incompetent. as for me, still getting the 500+ speed... good for me, hope this is stable, and will never change.

as of 9:30PM | August 23, 3007

share2-OBWSJXU9D&dual=yes&q2=T823VQFRB

just yesterday, i noticed that my IP address (based from the tests here

in testmy.net) changed from 203.87.187.162 (w/c is i think  the IP address of virtually every smartbro subscriber here in naga city) to 121.1.25.82. also noticed the new host speed, its 605Kbps from my previous 299Kbps.

also noticed the proxy servers gives me greater speed again. unlike for the previous months that eventhough im using a proxy, the speed

wont change at all.

@tonio

you are sure lucky !! mine cannot reach speeds like that. i only get a max of 380Kbps+. well thats what ive subscribed for, finally im getting the speed that i deserve. hehehe...

@ tonio

from my own point of view, your Access Point (base station) has been upgraded. doesn't Smartbro deserve a gratitude for the speed you are currently receiving?

@ saiji123, i think what tonio meant was 500+ kbps which is far differnt from 500Kb/s.

@ george_1818

i guess the change in your external ip is caused by using a proxy or this is the external ip currently being assigned to you by your access point (base station).

kudos to those who obtained faster speeds at this moment!

also noticed the proxy servers gives me greater speed again. unlike for the previous months that eventhough im using a proxy, the speed

wont change at all.

@gorge_1818

i've test it also, but the good thing  to use proxy is to prevent from hackers, and ip tracking sites that may lag you. get what i mean?

yesterday i downloaded a file 2.27GB size and it took 15hrs to be completed.. the speed is playing!!! 40kB/s , 50 kB/s , 60 kB/s im dizzy!!

huhuhu i want tonio's speed :D btw @tonio are u a smartbro subscriber?

@saiiji123

im a smartbroken subscriber too.. maybe you should try also try download from other site, maybe the host of the file where download has a bandwidth limit to every downloader...  nad get some rest while downloading for you not to be bored... :lol: :lol:

@ tonio

from my own point of view, your Access Point (base station) has been upgraded. doesn't Smartbro deserve a gratitude for the speed you are currently receiving?

i guess no thank you for, for im paying, subcribers should get what they've paid for... still amazed.. i've never expect they'll do this to their subscriber... make this stable and ill be thankful to them... got to leap... hope ill see this speed tomorrow.

as of 10:05PM Philippine time

share2-4D7UX2HQL&dual=yes&q2=N56XVOLBK

i guess no thank you for it, for im paying, subcribers should get what they've paid for... still amazed.. i've never expect they'll do this to their subscriber...

the advertised max burst for Smartbro is 384 kbps. anything faster than that should be appreciated. besides, we signed the agreement which states all and most particularly the max speed they offer which is 384 kbps.  :smiley:

175460040.png

Can anybody please explain to me why I have dismal download while my upload is at OK speeds?  This has been the case with me for the past two weeks (when the rains came).

speedtest at testmy:

share2-WMQLJYH4U&dual=yes&q2=CYUIVHX4D

I mean, I'd be content if my download speeds would be the same as my upload's, but sadly that's not the case.  Online gaming has become an exercise in frustration because of the lag  :angry:

And my attempts at accessing the canopy always hit a brick wall -- I can't get my Canopy IP address from arp -a (despite pinging 10.0.0.1 as snip07 suggested), neither can I access it through elijahpaul's earlier method.  :uglystupid2:

175460040.png

Can anybody please explain to me why I have dismal download while my upload is at OK speeds?  This has been the case with me for the past two weeks (when the rains came).

speedtest at testmy:

share2-WMQLJYH4U&dual=yes&q2=CYUIVHX4D

I mean, I'd be content if my download speeds would be the same as my upload's, but sadly that's not the case.  Online gaming has become an exercise in frustration because of the lag  :angry:

And my attempts at accessing the canopy always hit a brick wall -- I can't get my Canopy IP address from arp -a (despite pinging 10.0.0.1 as snip07 suggested), neither can I access it through elijahpaul's earlier method.  :uglystupid2:

Basestation problem probably, If it has been weeks youve has that low speeds call for assistance. Maybe the winds realigned your canopy? :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

@grift3r74,

That may be it.  Wind's been stronger than usual lately, plus we get random things bumping on our roof -- santol fruits dropping from the tree, some branches, the occasional stone thrown to knock fruits down, maybe a crashlanding manananggal or two... :cheesy:

Thanks, I'll call for assistance first thing tomorrow  :smiley6600:

@grift3r74,

That may be it.  Wind's been stronger than usual lately, plus we get random things bumping on our roof -- santol fruits dropping from the tree, some branches, the occasional stone thrown to knock fruits down, maybe a crashlanding manananggal or two... :cheesy:

Thanks, I'll call for assistance first thing tomorrow  :smiley6600:

Also check if your canopy's line of sight to the base tower is blocked by anything. Yeah this typhoons are really a pain in the @$$ to wireless internet connections. Strong rains causes bandwidth disturbance. Well good luck!!  :smiley:

If you're in marginal coverage area like you're almost 3 kilometers away from your base station, you can get signal dropouts or temporary loss of connection. But if you're in a normal coverage area or closer to your AP, there shouldn't be a problem provided there's nothing interfering with or blocking the signal, or in your case, canopy being realigned to the wrong direction.

The effects of weather on radio signals (of the Canopy to connect to your AP) vary based on the frequency used and the distance the signal travels. Rain can affect wireless broadband, lowering the signal quality hence the bandwidth, but will not kill the signal entirely unless the base station is really down.

@coolbuster

please analyse fellow programmer

:cheesy:

@ denouncer

welcome to the forum.

your uTorrent DL and UL speed are doing just fine, playing on a normal speed for a typical Smartbro connection.

however, you have a red tick (exclamation point) at the bottom of your uTorrent window which means that there are seeders or peers who cannot connect to the port you opened for uTorrent. if a green or yellow button shows up, your uTorrent speed could be higher than what you have got.

are you using a router? or a firewall?