20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

i've been having these speeds for 3 days already.. :tickedoff:

Just be patient man, maybe they're doing repairs to the basestation or something. I too experience loss of speeds for at least twice a month but in only lasts 3 days maximum. If the problem is still there, bug them until they fix it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your connection is: 112 Kbps or 0.1 Mbps

You downloaded at: 14 kB/s

You are running: 2 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 73.14 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:Morisato CompID:1111025756

Test Time:: 2007/08/26 - 12:15am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6

Test ID: 6IFB4AYX2 (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Same here, I only get decent speeds at night.. from 250-320..

Hello  :-P,

Im new here, read some of the thread and found them helpfull! This site is the best! gives information to those pissed off with their connection SMARTBro(ken).

This was before tweaking:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 89 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 11 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/08/26 - 12:40am

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 93.09 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 35.681 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 37.55 % of your hosts average (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-WCIZAHJ7F

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) [!]

After trying the Canopy tweak (setting the high priority channel):

share2-1C4UERBAM&dual=yes&q2=IL7TBWFZO

Can the 20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster  make it even FASTER! or Im stuck with this?

Any information would be much appreciated! U can also email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

sOuRnEsS

Hello  :-P,

Im new here, read some of the thread and found them helpfull! This site is the best! gives information to those pissed off with their connection SMARTBro(ken).

This was before tweaking:

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 89 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 11 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/08/26 - 12:40am

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 93.09 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 35.681 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 37.55 % of your hosts average (smartbro.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-WCIZAHJ7F

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

After trying the Canopy tweak (setting the high priority channel):

share2-1C4UERBAM&dual=yes&q2=IL7TBWFZO

Can the 20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster  make it even FASTER! or Im stuck with this?

Any information would be much appreciated! U can also email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

sOuRnEsS

This is what I have now:

share2-3T16CL2SG&dual=yes&q2=LQZ1WRNSO

I lag too much while playing online. waaaahhh  :cry2:  help me out. So far I've only change the Canopy settings. Haven't tried the 20 steps yet. Im scared..

sOuRnEsS

coolbuster2007 how can I have the same speed as ur connection? any other tips to try? I'm thinking of trying the 20 steps, I'll wait till my days off so that I'll have all the time to work on it. Any other Canopy tweaks? Have any suggestions or need anything from my end to get down to whats causing the issue.

sOuRnEsS

Just be patient man, maybe they're doing repairs to the basestation or something. I too experience loss of speeds for at least twice a month but in only lasts 3 days maximum. If the problem is still there, bug them until they fix it.

oh, patience.. its getting to my nerves..

i cannot watch anime.. have to wait for so long to buff..

i cannot play warcraft in battlenet due to high ping..

my mom will go to the smart center tomorrow..

she will ask about the smart sim plan 12..

i will tell her to yell at them about the smart bro low speed..

@dency 45.

i think you should tweak your canopy sm if you're able to access it..

the smartbro installers are setting it to 256 Kbps both on DL & UL by default. you can maximize it to 500 Kbps each.

what? why are they setting it to 256, it should be 384 right? damn them..

what do you mean by the canopy sm?

the first sticky thread? i tried it and whenever i'm in the net.. "problem loading page"..

coolbuster2007 how can I have the same speed as ur connection? any other tips to try? I'm thinking of trying the 20 steps, I'll wait till my days off so that I'll have all the time to work on it. Any other Canopy tweaks? Have any suggestions or need anything from my end to get down to whats causing the issue.

sOuRnEsS

about the 20 steps, it is safe..

first of all, a great,big  :welcome: to the new members

and a word of advice, when posting your email address, code them for security reasons. for example, my email address is fr0stbound at y a hoooo dot com.

@dency45 - based on my experience, the person who called you is much more experienced than the people who call me. patience is very important.

off topic - where do you watch anime? www.crunchyroll.com ??

@sourness - hope you find time to tweak your connection soon.

@frostbound

hmmm.. oh, i forgot to code my email address..

i will change it to dency45saopenkore.com

what?? noober than the person i called?? what does she said?

yes, at crunchyroll.com.. cruncyroll is fast in buffering.. but it takes time to buff when i'm watching.. if a new series is release.. i'm watching at veoh.com..

i'm watching one piece, death note and elfen lied in dailymotion.com...

i think we should just pm ourselves..

hmmm.. many of us are always off topic..

if i can moderate this forum.. i trashed  some post already..  :wink:

i'm glad the moderators here are not that strict unlike in openkore..

@frostbound

yes, at crunchyroll.com.. cruncyroll is fast in buffering.. but it takes time to buff when i'm watching.. if a new series is release.. i'm watching at veoh.com..

Yeah veoh is really good. Best quality vids.

Also you may want to check this site for more great animes.

Enjoy!  :smiley:

@frostbound

you can watch those there? i can't watch them in crunchyroll since they're already licensed.

back to topic

i only just remembered, for those with communication problems between their canopy and basestation, you might try this. its called a stinger. a more detailed explanation is given at the second post,and lower on the page is instructions on how to make it.

look here http://www.testmy.net/t-18616.135

well, there's no harm in trying. can't believe i only remembered about the stinger now, when i have a printout of the instructions and the actual aluminum sheet i intended to make it with. but i didn't continue to make it because i realized that i have good communication with the base station already.

you can try the 20 Steps. its safe (and free)  :angel:

you can have my Blog as your reference too.  :smitten:

yeah, it would be nice if this topic got stickied. if it is stickied, then it will always be shown first on the list of topics in Smart Bro (Wi-fi). that way,when new people look here, they would see the sites that is most helpful first.

yep this deserves a sticky!  :grin2:

thanks guys. let's get it on! sticky! sticky! sticky!  :txt-please: @ Ca3le  :smitten: