20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

july 22 was the date.... anyway, I think my PC has received too much tweakin already. I already cleared my cache, run the cleaner, flushed the sh*t out of it, and still, this happens.

share2-61OAD8EB9

my 5 figure speed is becoming consistent but i dont believe it.

@ Azgauth -  try downloading something, you never know, it might be true.

@ dudeBRO2k7 - cleaning up includes the registry too. and the 20 steps thee are applicable to anyone,even if you haven't tweaked your canopy. i believe it is also applicable to other ISPs.

P.S. Azgauth, did you notice that your taking a test with a different host? it doesn't say smartbro anymore.

there, i tried removin the proxies... my host reads "smartbro.net"

slower than the usual but still unbelievable speeds... take note, thats direct connection to the internet. no proxy whatsoever.

share2-FKAGBPM3D

this ones using the 203.84.191.215 proxy. and i belive these are my real speeds...

share2-Q9CH4OIYD

and finally, this ones with "auto-detect proxy settings"

(I think i'll use this as my sig pic. handsome speeds... hehe!)

share2-B2ORWTVK5

anyway, what should i believe? im slower when using manual speed settings but im waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy faster (as the meter shows) without using any.

is this a gift or a curse?

Ayayay! It seems to be a big problem  :icon_pale:

Well if you wanna freshen up all things you could always reformat  :shock:

It would be the last option if all else fails! Fresh registry and a clean file structure

sometimes i reformat every 3 weeks coz of some application nearing their expiration! He he he

what the??.. you guys are comparing specs now? at 3:00 am? get some sleep!

anyway, i won't be sharing my specs, don't want to humiliate myself.

and also, reformatting should be your last resort. when things go wrong, you should just revert to a previous, safer setting. that's what back ups and system restore are for.

@ SiraComputer - about those trial period expiration, you could find a way around it. you mentioned before that you download torrents, try to be resourceful. i don't approve of that method though. for me; its free, or leave it be.