20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@coolbuster

All I can say is learn to accept criticisms, especially constructive ones. Instead of badmouthing others, remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and you should respect that. I for one never tried the 20 steps so I cant tell whether it works or not.. I computed my own cablenut settings and have my own computer maintenance. But you should always welcome comments, negative or positive.

Peace!!  :wink2:

@coolbuster

All I can say is learn to accept criticisms, especially constructive ones. Instead of badmouthing others, remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and you should respect that. I for one never tried the 20 steps so I cant tell whether it works or not.. I computed my own cablenut settings and have my own computer maintenance. But you should always welcome comments, negative or positive.

Peace!!  :wink2:

thank you for the advice.

if you ask me, i am one of those who will not be affected of any negative criticism. what do you mean by "badmouthing others"? did i? i was just defending the 20 steps because i made it. is it bad to counter a criticism with a criticism?

that's what we call freedom of speech and expression. i do not have anything personal against anybody. i just exercised my right to defend something that i made.

now, if anybody insists that i was wrong. so be it. it is up to others to use the 20 steps or not. i am not gaining any centavo from it. my prime and only intention is to help :smiley:

uhh, i didn't understand any of that. i don't know any of the local dialects. anyway, let's just stop this argument. jun101ph isn't happy with the results of the 20 steps. i also found another way to tweak, although it is just borrowed from others. that's his(our) part of the story.

i think what happened here is just a misunderstanding. jun101ph wanted to say something, though he said in a way that was easy to be mistaken for something else.

Being right infront of the smart cellsite (smartbro base station) doesn't assure you of better speed. you might have a clear "visual line of sight". however, this does not mean that you have a clear "radio line of sight.

We need a "radio line of sight." Radio line of sight differs slightly from visual line of sight. Our signal can pass through various types of buildings and obstructions, (depending on your distance from a base station), so you may be able to get service even if you can't see the antenna.

Also there are other factors which affect speed. Viruses, trojans, excessive opening of programs while browsing the internet. So clean your PC before speed testing. Also, remember that its wireless internet which is susceptible to even the most basic device such as a phone, or a monitor that operates at 2.4GHz. The interference usually is not noticeable.

Where did you got your "knowledge" that a computer monitor operates at 2.4 GHz??? :2funny:

Another funny thing is according to him:

" you might have a clear "visual line of sight". however, this does not mean that you have a clear "radio line of sight."

--> If you will say you have clear "visual line of sight" it means no obstructions which simply means you have clear "radio line of sight" ofcourse.

after re-doing the steps as suggested by coolbuster, here are my new results:

share2-GIODXEYLH&dual=yes&q2=KNB7QVAHC

Still no improvement, although my upload's up from the last speedtest.  I'm putting this down to this current downtime, and it's the first time it happened to me. 

Hopefully their service will be back up the soonest -- I'm looking forward to catching up on my online game!  :cool:

...and of course my siblings' schoolwork are at stake too :angel:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: Funny to read old post

nyay so it means no one can help me now if your going to change the topic oh well imma sleep now nyt nyt forum mates ! ! ! ! i men new friends ^_________^ :smitten::angel:

nope. don't get bothered. i think only the administrators can do changes in forum threads and not one childish forum member.  :wink:

there are still other good members who can help you speed up your connection.  :smiley:

after re-doing the steps as suggested by coolbuster, here are my new results:

share2-GIODXEYLH&dual=yes&q2=KNB7QVAHC

Still no improvement, although my upload's up from the last speedtest.  I'm putting this down to this current downtime, and it's the first time it happened to me. 

Hopefully their service will be back up the soonest -- I'm looking forward to catching up on my online game!  :cool:

...and of course my siblings' schoolwork are at stake too :angel:

@ jun101ph.

i do not know what you are up to.

kindly review the post before you quote it.

eventhough beldeti was not successful in tweaking at the time he posted that, he was referring to the downtime of smartbro base station in his area. he said " I'm putting this down to this current downtime" and added "Hopefully their service will be back up the soonest".

and you jun101ph is blaming the 20 steps again  :shocked:

just responding back. now, what can you say?

Where did you got your "knowledge" that a computer monitor operates at 2.4 GHz??? :2funny:

Another funny thing is according to him:

" you might have a clear "visual line of sight". however, this does not mean that you have a clear "radio line of sight."

--> If you will say you have clear "visual line of sight" it means no obstructions which simply means you have clear "radio line of sight" ofcourse.

Alright first off CRTs can cause EMI.. Which would distort the 802.11 signal.  Try placing your router next to a TV.. Weird stuff will happen..

Also there is more than just LOS to wireless..  I can have LOS but still not have a connection.  802.11 is not a laser!  It acts more like light.  So, you have to deal with Fresnel Zones.  If you are pushing a 4 mile link you then have to plan for 48ft in the shape of a circle at the mid point around the center of the connection.  Any thing in that 48ft will cause signal problems or cause the entire link to drop.  This is why Wifi providers use towers!  To to say that you have LOS means nothing in the grand term of things.  You have to have LOS and Radio LOS.  Just because you have one does NOT mean that you have the other.

A nice little tool for Fresnel Zones and 802.11 in general http://www.zytrax.com/tech/wireless/calc.htm

@Swimmer

right pc monitor radiates EMI, but my point is, buster said that it operates 2.4 GHz  seems to be wrong.

on the next issue, about the LOS, yes have to deal with fresnel zone (ideal case) but for practical purposes a 23 meter distance to the base station fresnel zone will not that big deal.

@swimmer

In a very short distance (in the case of beldeti, only 23 m distance to the base station with a clear visual line of sight, the  fresnel zone radius is only 0.85 meter.

With that the effect of fresnel zone is not that big deal given that it has a very clear visual line of sight from antenna and the base station will likely to have a clear radio line of sight.

calculation of fresnel zone radius: http://www.terabeam.com/support/calculations/fresnel-zone.php#meters