20 Steps to Make SmartBro Faster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(off-topic)

@ mapuamj, thank you so much.

im using advanced firefox tweaking though.

parameters for Fast Computer, Slow Connection

user_pref("browser.xul.error_pages.enabled", true);

user_pref("content.interrupt.parsing", true);

user_pref("content.max.tokenizing.time", 3000000);

user_pref("content.maxtextrun", 8191);

user_pref("content.notify.interval", 750000);

user_pref("content.notify.ontimer", true);

user_pref("content.switch.threshold", 750000);

user_pref("network.http.max-connections", 32);

user_pref("network.http.max-connections-per-server", 8 );

user_pref("network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy", 8 );

user_pref("network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server", 4);

user_pref("nglayout.initialpaint.delay", 0);

user_pref("browser.cache.memory.capacity", 65536);

here's more: http://codebetter.com/blogs/darrell.norton/archive/2005/01/28/48720.aspx

coolbuster, please help me to boost more of my connection. my colorcode is 125, a already uploaded my ap eval and home page of my canopy, thank you... laso my mozilla browser close always evrtym i surf, how can isolve it? thanks alot, i hope to hear from you guys.... :idiot2:

coolbuster, please help me to boost more of my connection. my colorcode is 125, a already uploaded my ap eval and home page of my canopy, thank you... laso my mozilla browser close always evrtym i surf, how can isolve it? thanks alot, i hope to hear from you guys.... :idiot2:

do some pc cleaning for viruses, trojans, spywares, adwares, junk files. it is also advisable to defragment your pc at least once a week.

hey, it's been a long time. as usual, my connection is unstable,unlike coolbuster who's getting nice results from his tweaking. i also installed xubuntu as a second os, it's what im using right now. so far so good, good speeds although i can't use cablenut and tcpoptimizer anymore. im still searching for other ways to tweak it.

@frostbound

Seems like we've got some similarity, I'm also planning also to install ubuntu in my computer in my second partition.. It's not because i saw you're post that you will be installing ubuntu but I had been captivated by its interface and design!! haha!!

Seems like I'm getting another inconsistency here.. Look, my speed test showed me a good result. I got this:

Your connection is: 408 Kbps or 0.4 Mbps

You downloaded at: 50 kB/s

You are running: 7 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 20.48 second(s)

Member Ident: CompID:115182800142

Test Time:: 2007/08/18 - 3:43am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6

Test ID: W87CT0LDG (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: 90% + Okay : running at 99.51 % of your hosts average (241.67)

This was tested from a 579 kB file and took 11.625 seconds to complete

But my download speed is only 12 kb/s!! Maybe another network congestion!! And as of now, I'm not using any tweaks except for the QoS tweak which is the "500 downlink, uplink and 1500 burst" etc. And it came to my surprise that we're 25 who are connected in the same basestation!! OMG!! :idiot2:

Cheers!!

thugster_9904

:smitten:

@coolbuster2007

cuz we're living in a condominium in quezon city while our shop is in tondo manila.. :D pldt is not allowed in condominiums only wireless broadbands..!!

oh i see.

compared to smart bro, pldt usually gives 1 up to 1.8MB for a single line. i have proven it myself when i visited a friend's shop and tweaked one of his PCs there. maube because pldt lines are cabled and are dedicated.

@ thugster_9904

all is well except that i got struck by a trojan downloader this morming. good for me i discovered its presence in my system before it created damage.

with regards to your connection, that's a ok already. all you have to do is maintain it by keeping your PC free from viruses, spywares, trojans, junk and unwanted registry files.

i'm not sure, since all i do is copy what other people are doing. i think the best way is to keep your system clean, try to have good communication with the basestation, and also try to minimize use of resources if you have a slow system. i find that running too many applications in the background slows down my connection.

i'm not sure, since all i do is copy what other people are doing. i think the best way is to keep your system clean, try to have good communication with the basestation, and also try to minimize use of resources if you have a slow system. i find that running too many applications in the background slows down my connection.

yes that is absolutely right. before you speedtest, be sure to close all other applications, run ccleaner, flush the dns, then connect to tm.n for the test.