Smartbro Utorrent Setup

ripclawph

Guest aneljr009

Hey coolbuster, you said your minimum DL speed is 50kB/s and your maximum is 80kB/s. How did it happened. My DL speed is only from 5kB/s to 20kB/s. HELP ME. I already followed john's steps and yours.

By the way...which is better to use, your CCS setting or the TCP/IP Optimizer set to 1000kbps connectin?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey coolbuster, you said your minimum DL speed is 50kB/s and your maximum is 80kB/s. How did it happened. My DL speed is only from 5kB/s to 20kB/s. HELP ME. I already followed john's steps and yours.

By the way...which is better to use, your CCS setting or the TCP/IP Optimizer set to 1000Kbps connectin?

my uTorrent DL is in that range coz my connection allows it. just find a torrent that has more seeders.

my ccs worked for me and tcp opti works for others. you have to try both at a time to find out which gives you satisfactory speed.

Guest aneljr009

I have a licensed PFConfig, I chose motorola for router as Coolbuster advised, it asked me about the username & password and I left it blank. I forwarded utorrent to default IP. But when I tested it, it didn't worked.

Guest aneljr009

Coolbuster, can you share to me your PFConfig's username and code? Pls... I will use it only ONCE, I will not spread it, all I want is to forward port properly.

Guest ExtremeFusion

why i cant browse while my utorrent is running

you can't browse..?

you mean you have a super slow progress bar in the window of your browser or it just stays blank...

if so... your utorrent might be consuming all of your bandwidth, what is your setting?

did you set it to max dl? and high priority?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aneljr009

HELP!! my utorrent DL speed slowed from 40kb/s to 1kb/s. It happened after installing some windows updates. Unfortunately, I have deleted all the restore points. Please tell me the updates I have to uninstall.

If you max out your upload for your line then your download takes a major hit.  In that situation your computer cannot send out the request for more data.  I know when my bro is uploading a large file because my ping on Battlefield 2 goes from 40ms to 600ms.  Im not sure this is happening to you but I would suggest you limit your upload to 80% of its rated speed.

Guest aneljr009

OK! I already fixed it with a patch. The updates made my half-open connection limit to 10 that caused its slow down. I downloaded a patch & made the limit to 100. my DL & UL speed went up to ave. 40kb/s.

Guest ExtremeFusion

First of all... I'm not replying because I saw the EXPERT word.. I'm no worthy of that...

@ aneljr009

No, it will not increase your DL speed..

What you need to check is your sharing ratio...

Anything below than 1 is BAD, 1 and above is GOOD

P2P sharing uses weird terms like handshake, choked and unchoked..

anyways enough of that...

What I wanted to tell you is this...

(just keeping things simple, and somewhat of a personification)

If you have a good share ratio, the tendency is "torrent" will have notice that and says to himself "Hey, this guy shares (UL) as much as he DL, lets give him the fastest (or prioritize) speed we could...

Hope that clears your qeury..

and one more thing if you don't port forward you won't benefit from having a high ratio of more than 1, why?

Because remote connection to your PC will be impossible, your PC will be the one who has to do the remote connection.. which make perfect sense for torrent not to prioritize you for high DL speed.. since other user can't connect to you.. even if your sharing ratio is above 1....

in general, limit your UL rate to 80% of what your ISP provides you...

as to not hurt your DL

• 3 weeks later...

there could be some factors why its not applicable to everyone, hope to figure those out

I've tried port forwarding, I receive a message that I should pay etc.. PFConfig, anyway, ah, for example a Private Tracker site, IP-MART Forums says that DHT is disabled, so, I don't have to manually disable my DHT right? Because it's automatic, as for public torrents, will it work? What is DHT by the way?

here's a definition from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table

"Distributed hash tables (DHTs) are a class of decentralized distributed systems that provide a lookup service similar to a hash table: (name, value) pairs are stored in the DHT, and any participating node can efficiently retrieve the value associated with a given name. Responsibility for maintaining the mapping from names to values is distributed among the nodes, in such a way that a change in the set of participants causes a minimal amount of disruption. This allows DHTs to scale to extremely large numbers of nodes and to handle continual node arrivals, departures, and failures.

DHTs form an infrastructure that can be used to build more complex services, such as distributed file systems, peer-to-peer file sharing and content distribution systems, cooperative web caching, multicast, anycast, domain name services, and instant messaging. Notable distributed networks that use DHTs include BitTorrent (with extensions), eDonkey network, YaCy, and the Coral Content Distribution Network."

DHT works on public trackers. DHT is enabled by default in uTorrent's BitTorrent section under the BitTorrent additional features.

:smiley:

here's a definition from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table

"Distributed hash tables (DHTs) are a class of decentralized distributed systems that provide a lookup service similar to a hash table: (name, value) pairs are stored in the DHT, and any participating node can efficiently retrieve the value associated with a given name. Responsibility for maintaining the mapping from names to values is distributed among the nodes, in such a way that a change in the set of participants causes a minimal amount of disruption. This allows DHTs to scale to extremely large numbers of nodes and to handle continual node arrivals, departures, and failures.

DHTs form an infrastructure that can be used to build more complex services, such as distributed file systems, peer-to-peer file sharing and content distribution systems, cooperative web caching, multicast, anycast, domain name services, and instant messaging. Notable distributed networks that use DHTs include BitTorrent (with extensions), eDonkey network, YaCy, and the Coral Content Distribution Network."

DHT works on public trackers. DHT is enabled by default in uTorrent's BitTorrent section under the BitTorrent additional features.

:smiley:

how about portforwarding, i've tried the program, what do you think about the problems i'm encountering in configuring the program? is it normal?