Smartbro Utorrent Setup

ripclawph

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ExtremeFusion

Why does my option use proxy for peer to peer connections, greyed out..?

I want to use a proxy, since smartbro is capping our torrent dl..

is this a bad idea?

Why does my option use proxy for peer to peer connections, greyed out..?

I want to use a proxy, since smartbro is capping our torrent dl..

is this a bad idea?

I've tried using smartbro's 2 proxies, also checking the use proxy server for p2p option, everything went fast. can you test it on your pc if it really works?

@coolbuster

i don't have router. Diretso na sa lan card ko ung saksakan ng smartbro.

Maybe I'll try nga yung mga ports na yun.

sa listening port ko lang ba siya ilalagay? or ilalagay ko rin sa add port sa firewall?

Pero nakadisable naman yung windows firewall ko eh.

please help me guys.

@coolbuster

i don't have router. Diretso na sa lan card ko ung saksakan ng smartbro.

Maybe I'll try nga yung mga ports na yun.

sa listening port ko lang ba siya ilalagay? or ilalagay ko rin sa add port sa firewall?

Pero nakadisable naman yung windows firewall ko eh.

please help me guys.

first of all, may i encourage you to post in ENGLISH ONLY, if not, provide a translation, so as not to violate forum rules.

you try those on the listening ports box. disable your default windows firewall.  :smiley:

opps sorry,. i was just mad at that time.

well, anyways i'm thinking of switching to Globe Broadband the wired 1 MB speed. In fact, I'm still have doubts whether I'll transfer to Globe here' s why..

I don't actually have any problem with my connection and with my utorrent in smartbro from the day it was installed until last saturday,When I asked some help from the customer service, After 3 days, my connection is back but the connection is intermittent and my utorrent occurred already some problems. Like the listening port error thingy..

Do you think it is rational to switch to Globe just because I can't download from utorrent and it's occassional intermittent connection? While it does just happen now.

And also I already tweak the best with all possibilities with my canopy and all those software I saw in the forums but nothing happens. But when I heard that Globe has a 1 MB connection for just 995 a month and they also have 1 week connection test. You'll just decide whether to connect or not. I think it's quite amazing.

And also, just want to ask what if were quite few in our street that are connected to globe because most of our neighbors are connected to smartbro since we know that the base station of smart is just half kilometer away from us. Does it means that I could possibly have an intermittent connection??

This time I need your opinion guys.

Whether I'll choose Smart or Globe?

when you said its wired and at 1mbps, that must be something better than wireless and 384kbps, isn't it?

if i were you? go for globe.

for me, i'll stick with smartbro for the meantime. not because of the lock-up period but because i became coolbuster because of smartbro. if i were on an ISP with better service, i may not be here.

:smiley:

• 3 weeks later...

@coolbuster can u help in my BitComet Port? same problem sa Utorrent naka block un Port ko kaya mabagal un DOWNLOAD help me naman thx :smile2:

try uTorrent port 46889

i think smartbro is limiting torrent traffic that's why you are getting a red circular tick.

the best thing to do is look for a torrent with more seeders. and choose carefully the tracker you are getting the torrent from.  :smiley:

Guest ExtremeFusion

@coolbuster

scan clean my pc, for open ports from 0 - 65535.. only three seems to be opened, unfortunately this can't be used with port forwarding.. since those open ports are for services and already used..

Guest ExtremeFusion

im not referring to pfconfig ok?

i was just saying that opening a port, under smartbro plan 999 is impossible...

sa you cannot port forward in uttorent or other p2p file sharing apps..

Guest ExtremeFusion

i tried everything..  i open ports in my firewall that should be used with my utorrent.. and scan clean every ports in my pc, and my AP, for an open port.. no luck like in my post before 0 - 65535..

even after opening a port... still can't be use with utorrent...