SmartBro Antenna:Canopy or SendFar?

coolbuster2007

Hey guys!

I would like to know who among you would like to have SendFar installed as SmartBro antenna instead of Canopy, or those whou'd like to stick with the latter?

This is Canopy

4u9wivr.jpg

This is SendFar

4ucyfc9.jpg

I have heard and read positive feedback on SendFar but your opinions will greatly help. My plan is to forward to SmartBro as many responses as possible.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far all i have read is that one advantage of sendfar to canopy is that it has a longer range. which is very relative since all of us have varying distances to the basestations, i for example is very near a basestation so i won't be benefiting much from the longer range. if, however, someone reports of other advantages in terms of speed, reliability and consistency, i will surely consider it.

so far all i have read is that one advantage of sendfar to canopy is that it has a longer range. which is very relative since all of us have varying distances to the basestations, i for example is very near a basestation so i won't be benefiting much from the longer range. if, however, someone reports of other advantages in terms of speed, reliability and consistency, i will surely consider it.

i understand that SendFar's range is up to 6 kms while Canopy is just 3 kms. since SendFar can reach a base station far better than Canopy, there must be something in SendFar that pulls the signal therefore faster speed, right? it will be beneficial for those who are closer to the base station, don't you think so?

that could be possible. i thought that sendfar's longer range comes from its physical design. it's the one that has 2 antenna-like protrusions right? maybe its antennas give it that ability. anyway, we need more pros and cons to better compare the two. also, can we also tweak sendfar's setting like the way we do with canopy?

in my own opinion, SendFar was put out of the picture because they lost in the bidding as contractor supplier for SmartBro antenna. it appears that due to its long range capability, SendFar is a little expensive than Canopy. because SmartBro wanted to capture the masa market, they will surely use affordable antenna right? this however is subject to verification.

@coolbuster

Woah!! 512kbps? That's way more better than this crappy SmartBro! But are you you you want to switch to PLDT? I mean, there are many complaints against them too!! Give me an idea coz im already planning to switch to other ISP. Even tho' my contract will expire next year!! I'm just hoping for the best!!

Good Evenin'!

:smitten:

actually, as long as smartbro is giving me a nice speed flow, i'll stick with it. i have spoken to a smartbro executive and she told me they will be upgrading base stations after they are done with base stations in key cities.

in selected areas in Davao, i have noticed they are already giving a max of 512 kbps in & out burst. unfortunately my area is not covered yet.

also, i have proposed to them thru email that i can be a test subscriber for a SendFar "re-test" drive. sounds interesting right?