to all SMARTBRO user...pls help

lantiz

mga sir.1st tym q po mag post d2 and 1week q na pong tinitignan lahat ng post about sa smartbro...lahat po ng tweaks na try q na pero no improvement...ang problem q po is ung SMART CELLSITE KATAPAT NA NG HAUZ NAMIN TUTOK NA TUTOK NA UNG ANTENNA Q SA CELLSITE! pero ung internet speed q ganito.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 61 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 7 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2007/08/07 - 9:48pm

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 146.29 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 51.531 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 25.52 % of your hosts average (197.210)

2 weeks na pong ganyan connection q nung una lang mabilis pero nung 1 1/2 months na dun na nag kaka problem! nakakainis talaga! help me namn po mapabilis connection q katapat q paman din ung cellsite (panghulo,malabon city)

i will w8 for all your response

thank you,

@lantiz

Have you tried updating your LAN Card diver? Sometimes that may be the problem.. Also, double check all of the following:

1. Your wiring

2. Check your computer for malware, spyware, trojans and viruses.

3. Make sure that your computer hardware's firmwares are up-to-date.

4. Uninstall unneeded programs.

5. Disable unnecessary process.

6. Don't run many programs at the same time(unless you got lots of RAM)

Post back if there's any improvement.

P.S. Please speak English so other people from other country(in case they stumble here in our forum) can help you in your problem.

Good day!!

:smitten:

i think when the typhoons departed in our country thats the right time to tweaks my  internet connection :sad: but please give me some tips to how i will optimize my connection speed and can you teach me how to edit the CANOPY settings? and what's the important part in Canopy settings?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

guys please help., i got a virus, a cant access my  control panel, task manager, it says that it was disabled by computer admin....  pleae help me remove tha malware...

have experienced the same last week.

try these:

1) turn off system restore

2) use avg, avast, trojan hunter, or norton

3) kill the virus in safe mode

4) if you know how, delete the registry key of the virus so it will not reoccur

5) last option (because it's a strong virus): back up document files and reformat hard disk  :smiley:

guys please help., i got a virus, a cant access my  control panel, task manager, it says that it was disabled by computer admin....  pleae help me remove tha malware....

that same thing happened tome a  long time ago. check  your hard drives and look for a new folder that isn't a folder, but actually a .exe application. if you have it, then we have the same problem i did. you can get rid of that virus, but as long as you have that new folder.exe, you're stuck with it. norton won't help you properly here, unless their virus database has been updated since i last used it. best bet is avast or avg.

a virus that disables your control panel and task manager is a worm type of virus !

A computer worm is a self-replicating computer program. It uses a network to send copies of itself to other nodes (computer terminals on the network) and it may do so without any user intervention. Unlike a virus, it does not need to attach itself to an existing program. Worms always harm the network (if only by consuming bandwidth), whereas viruses always infect or corrupt files on a targeted computer.

update your anti-virus

scan thumb drives

when you see a "MY DOCUMENTS" folder on a thumb drive and browse it and pops up again and again it's infected!

you could try kaspersky anti-virus

BTW: i've been infected a while ago and my speed dropped from 500+ to 50 kbps!

omg, these worm things still happen, ouch, i reported this thing bout more than a year ago to their cust care at smartbro, my firewall stopped a malicious code from infecting my pc, the weird thing was the origin was from a valid ip, of smartbro meaning another user online, ouch, they still dont have safeguards, omg,

when i was new to smartbro i also reported and complained bout too many users online slows my connection, i can actually see them in the networkplaces, after reporting it they did something LOL my pc isp speeds, is still slow but i can no longer see and count how many users are online, that way i cant see that many user slows me down and i cant complain LOL

and one more thing bout this smartbro when u put stuffs in your shared folders other users can actually read and write data on it, delete it too, this happened long time ago on networkplaces,they already fixed  this, i complained constantly, its kind of difficult when some people are reading your personal datas on your pc, back then the rule was never never share your drive

well there is a little improvement on their service, but still they can make it better if they just put an effort

well i constantly get virus, but i found the only thing that satifies me is having antivirus and the DEEPFREEZE, its a small program the freezes your hard drive any sign of troulbe i just restart my pc and it goes back to its original state, where u froze it, meaning what i wrote what i deleted whatever virus or trojan gets in i just restart poof everything is back to my frozen point, try it you might find it useful

but alas i gave up on smartbro and got a different isp

and one more thing bout this smartbro when u put stuffs in your shared folders other users can actually read and write data on it, delete it too, this happened long time ago on networkplaces,they already fixed  this, i complained constantly, its kind of difficult when some people are reading your personal datas on your pc, back then the rule was never never share your drive

well on my point of view why should i store my files on the shared folder for the name states itself "SHARED" so it means definitely someone will and can read it except if your firewall is enabled, maybe you just scrambled a little bit of the settings on who and who cant view your files!

i've never (and NEVER will) tried to put my files on the shared folder!

well on my point of view why should i store my files on the shared folder for the name states itself "SHARED" so it means definitely someone will and can read it except if your firewall is enabled, maybe you just scrambled a little bit of the settings on who and who cant view your files!

i've never (and NEVER will) tried to put my files on the shared folder!

that only applies if you use a home (single) PC. in a network of PCs you can put a file in a shared folder when the need for that file arises (editing/post editing, printing), especially when economics plays an important role in that network. meaning you don't anymore purchase a usb thumb drive or a rwcd writer and only one or two printers are present.

anyways, you can always take the file outside of the shared folder and store it somewhere you think is safe.

it's a case to case basis.

• 1 month later...

have experienced the same last week.

try these:

1) turn off system restore

2) use avg, avast, trojan hunter, or norton

3) kill the virus in safe mode

4) if you know how, delete the registry key of the virus so it will not reoccur

5) last option (because it's a strong virus): back up document files and reformat hard disk  :smiley:

guys please help., i got a virus, a cant access my  control panel, task manager, it says that it was disabled by computer admin....  pleae help me remove tha malware....

my friend reffered this program. RRT (restrictions removal tool) you can search it thru d net. it will  enable them

hey.. can u help me.. my download speed is so poor in day time..

as in 58kpbs only..how i wish i cud manage the setting for my speed development..

can u give some advise or guides to boost up my download speed

up to 200-250kbps in day time? my upload is also unstable.. about 150kpbs

but im satifsfied with it.. my only problem is my download speed.

becoz of it.. i cant join/connect my fav online game.. how sad..pls people! help me ;(