You guys convinced me to do it

JH2688

Well what are the odds. That is the same case I have. Black Aspirex-Cruiser Case. Thing is pretty huge, Lots of room to work with. The only down side is that side funnel It has. You gotta clean the screen on that once in a while.

When I put mine together I cheated somewhat. I bought it as a bare bones set up from cpu solutions. They installed the motherboard, the cpu, and the power supply. That removable tray is handy. My build I went with the asus M2npbv-Vmuatx (i think thats the right number  :haha:) It has 4 slots for ddr2 ram. I am running 2 gig of dual core ram. The cpu I went with was the athlon 64 bit 4200 dual core. I Put it together nov 2006.

If memory servs me correct the barebones system itself Was right at 600.00 Bucks. That included a copy of xp pro. I think the xp pro was close to 130.00.  I decided to go with the barebones system that way the cpu died or whatever it was there problem.

I have dual hard drives. I added stuff over time. With the ram, video card, harddrives, the 19 inch flat screen, I would guess probally max of 1200 bucks. But the nice thing is, In 4 years my computer will not be obsolete. Learned allot. Believe it or not I can help you with the wireing info. I will attach to this post. The guys here helped track it down. Oops. I may have to double post (sorry mods) I will find it and post it asap for ya.

Now for my case, there are wires comming from the panel that are in groups of 2. Here is the colors and what they do!!

Blue and White.....Reset Switch

Red and Black..... (looks like a battery is the case speaker!)

Orange and White...Power Switch

Red and White.....hd led

Green and White......Power Led

I also have the information in my motherboard manual with the what color wire goes where.

If you have another computer around then download a copy of Kubuntu linux and use that to get your computer up and running until you get your copy of windows. Taking a harddrive out of another computer might not work to good, it is setup with all the driver that computer need to work and might conflict with the drivers you need for your computer to work right.

hey ningageek how do you get the front screen and knob to work? and there is a input and output power connectors, what do they do?

I thought about dling kubuntu but i decided that i want windows becuase more things are compatible with it. I also thought of doing a dual boot with those two, but i figure im only going to use windows anyway.

hey ningageek how do you get the front screen and knob to work? and there is a input and output power connectors, what do they do?

I thought about dling kubuntu but i decided that i want windows becuase more things are compatible with it. I also thought of doing a dual boot with those two, but i figure im only going to use windows anyway.

Sorry man I can not help with that one. Mine was already put together for me. The power supply was hooked to the motherboard. Maybe the wireing infor for your mother board will offer some help??  All I had to do is put in the ram, hook up the harddives and dvd burner. Install the video card and It was all ready to go. That that you ask is beyond my knowledge. Im sorry. Check you pm's man. That should help you out a bit more in getting it up and running  :wink2: