New way to access ur CANOPY Web Page (SMART BRO-ken)

tamie77

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot i can now access my canopy page but there is some deffirences regarding my Sustained Uplink Data Rate and Sustained Downlink Data Rate are set default to 3500 instead of what you said 256. My maximum Uplink and Downlink rate is 7000, What would be the best? Help me im waiting yours to reply.. Thank you again..

hi i had the same settings on my canopy page. can anyone pls teach me how to change the settings? thanks. i also accessed my canopy using tips from tamie77.

• 2 weeks later...

What a nice technique! i can access my canopy now after a long tym!  i also use proxy server for consistent connection thanks Tamie77 it is very useful to us thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys! I'm new here and I just want to ask you guys something. I want to follow the steps given in this guide to improve my SmartBRO connection. However, I just want to know if it is alright to change the values in the QoS tab without changing my IP address and Subnet Mask? What would be the difference if I would not change my IP address and Subnet mask and configure my Canopy settings.

BTW, I can access Canopy by entering 169.254.1.1 in the address bar.

@MegamanNova. welcome to tmn:smiley: nice name you got there btw.

you don't have to change your lan properties since you are able to access your canopy config page. set your Quality of Service (QoS) in the canopy to 600 for download and 400 for upload or 800/200 respectively; 1500 each for downlink and uplink burst allocations.

:smiley:

To be honest, I already knew about changing the values in the QoS tab when I access 169.254.1.1 would be possible, but I was asking if it is worth the risk to do it "again"?

The reason behind this is because I had already accessed my Canopy settings last 2 weeks ago and it really made wonders with my connection, BUT after the day I changed values in the QoS tab, I got disconnected from the internet and I had to call SmartBRO's customer service number and ask for a field technician to go over our residence to fix my problems. Now my antenna has been replaced and my connection has been fixed however, it was rather slow, maybe because when I accessed 169.254.1.1, and looked at the QoS tab, I found out that the values on Sustained Uplink/Downlink Data rate is only 256 each. I know I can change it manually again to obtain better internet speed but I was afraid to loose connection again. I need help...

Is there a proper way or procedure to ensure that I will not loose internet connection again after I edited settings in my Canopy homepage /?

Well then, may I ask what exact steps do you do after changing the the values is Sustained Uplink/Downlink Data Rate both to 500 or 600/400?

Is it correct to click "Save Changes"? Then the message "Reboot Required" appears right? Should I press the "Reboot" button on screen or reboot my computer (meaning to restart)?