Charter Cable Speeds: Is this all I will be able to tweak?

Jovi

:?:%7Boption%7D

Hi, Newbie to your forum..Been reading it a while and used several of your suggestions and so on...Thanks by the way....Is this the best I can do with Charter Cable? Supposed to be up to 2 megs. I mean this is good and all, but I have heard of and read of people getting more, I didn't know.

Thanks

::: Download Stats :::

Connection is: 1951 Kbps about 2 Mbps (tested with 748 KB)

Download Speed is: 238 KB/sec

Auth Code: 2029266 (validate a http://www.testmy.net)

Bottom Line: 35 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 4.3 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/auth_check.cgi?ta=&top=&num=2029266&kbps=1951&gen=gen&a=0.571428571428571&b=1.14285714285714&c=1145.14285714286

:?:%7Boption%7D

Hi, Newbie to your forum..Been reading it a while and used several of your suggestions and so on...Thanks by the way....Is this the best I can do with Charter Cable? Supposed to be up to 2 megs. I mean this is good and all, but I have heard of and read of people getting more, I didn't know.

Thanks

::: Download Stats :::

Connection is: 1951 Kbps about 2 Mbps (tested with 748 KB)

Download Speed is: 238 KB/sec

Auth Code: 2029266 (validate a http://www.testmy.net)

Bottom Line: 35 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 4.3 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/auth_check.cgi?ta=&top=&num=2029266&kbps=1951&gen=gen&a=0.571428571428571&b=1.14285714285714&c=1145.14285714286

I have DSL not cable but if you are getting 1921 out of 2Mps that is very very good. The faster the speed of your connection the more overhead your data will contain thus cutting your supposed speed the higher you go. I had 1.5Mps package and never make it over 1291kpbs. The max I could have gotten was like 1310 so I was pretty well off. Cable connections are much more difficult to speed up just because the way the cable companies control and monitor speeds.

If I were you I would consider myself lucky to be that high on a 2 meg per sec speed limit. Normally with data and packet overhead you are supposed to only get about 1700-1750kpbs max throughput.

Basically I would not mess with the good thing you already have. I am supposed to be at 6Mbps download but because of overhead I max out anywheres between 4.5-5Mbps.

I have DSL not cable but if you are getting 1921 out of 2Mps that is very very good. The faster the speed of your connection the more overhead your data will contain thus cutting your supposed speed the higher you go. I had 1.5Mps package and never make it over 1291kpbs. The max I could have gotten was like 1310 so I was pretty well off. Cable connections are much more difficult to speed up just because the way the cable companies control and monitor speeds.

If I were you I would consider myself lucky to be that high on a 2 meg per sec speed limit. Normally with data and packet overhead you are supposed to only get about 1700-1750kpbs max throughput.

Basically I would not mess with the good thing you already have. I am supposed to be at 6Mbps download but because of overhead I max out anywheres between 4.5-5Mbps.

That isnt to bad! I bet you can tweak it a little bit. I am on a 3000kbs line and run about 4200kbs. However, my wireless computers run slightly slower. I am on a hard ethernet net connection to a router using cat5e cables. Read some of the posts about the Rwin values. Also check your ping and try a tracert. start-> run-> cmd or command-> tracert.... then plug in your ISP's home page. It will let you know if any of their servers or routers are breathing heavy. Overall that speed isnt bad but I can almost bet you that you can get atleast over the 2mb level.

That isnt to bad! I bet you can tweak it a little bit. I am on a 3000kbs line and run about 4200kbs. However, my wireless computers run slightly slower. I am on a hard ethernet net connection to a router using cat5e cables. Read some of the posts about the Rwin values. Also check your ping and try a tracert. start-> run-> cmd or command-> tracert.... then plug in your ISP's home page. It will let you know if any of their servers or routers are breathing heavy. Overall that speed isnt bad but I can almost bet you that you can get atleast over the 2mb level.

:) Jovi,

Welcome to the site,if you have been reading the post for a while then you probably know that if you are getting about 90% of your advertised speed than you are doing good.A lot depends on if your ISP has you capped at 2megs or allows you to go a little higher.If your connection is tweaked and thats the highest you can get than you will just have to be happy with that speed..Again check all of the values for your connection to get the max from your ISP.Hope you enjoy the site,tell all your friends and keep coming back....

8) Microwave

:) Jovi,

Welcome to the site,if you have been reading the post for a while then you probably know that if you are getting about 90% of your advertised speed than you are doing good.A lot depends on if your ISP has you capped at 2megs or allows you to go a little higher.If your connection is tweaked and thats the highest you can get than you will just have to be happy with that speed..Again check all of the values for your connection to get the max from your ISP.Hope you enjoy the site,tell all your friends and keep coming back....

8) Microwave