Belkin N1 Vision

dn0

Looks very nice. I don't know if I'd want to sit in front of it looking at the neat display all the time, but I'm sure it will be the start of some good competition for other manufacturers. I just picked up a D-Link DIR655 http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=530 and I love it. Very easy setup and a good GUI for fine tuning my network. It is replacing a Netgear WGT624 which i liked, but wanted a gigabit router for my NAS. I bought a Netgear WNR854T (yes I like Netgear ! :lipsrsealed: ) which sounded pretty good. BOY was I wrong  :evil2: What a piece of junk! It took forever to get the thing up and running, and even then I had to reboot the thing numerous times, even after updating the firmware. Eventually, I returned it and got the D-Link, which took about 15 minutes to get installed and all the settings done.

The Belkin looks sleek, but I don't have any experience with their networking products.

Here is what one review said.. http://onemansblog.com/2007/08/01/review-belkin-n1-vision-wireless-n-gigabit-router/

I would be careful.. first gen hardware, like this one, tend to have some serious flaws..  And don't forget to get all of the wonderful bonus features, like the speed and the range, you are going to need to drop additional money on the cards.  And it is still a Draft 802.11n product..

I like the design and info it gives, but it's not going to be very useful unless there is a large network to manage. My question is how often are you going to refer to the stats on it?

What makes the router is the software/firmware inside. I wonder if ddwrt can be ran on it.