Dual boot problem

saygoodie

I recently setup a dual boot on my computer and decided I didn't need it. I reformatted the partition it was on and it is gone now, but whenever I start up my computer it still gives me two operating system options. How do I remove the no longer existing option?

I recently setup a dual boot on my computer and decided I didn't need it. I reformatted the partition it was on and it is gone now, but whenever I start up my computer it still gives me two operating system options. How do I remove the no longer existing option?

You must have only re-formatted one of the partitions.

Is this for windows???  You are going to need to edit the boot.ini file to remove the additional boot information.

I guess I should specify some stuff. I'm trying to remove vista from the computers OS startup menu. There are no traces of vista in boot.ini. For the record I have already formatted the partition Vista was installed on.

Haha  I think even 95 had boot.ini..  What is the base operating system that is still displaying Vista as a boot option?  If there are no traces in boot.ini, and the base os is 9x to XP, then the only way might be to reinstall everything..  The other thing you might want to look into would be removing the Vista boot manager.  I am nit sure whether or not it is installed or if it modifies XPs in the event that Xp is the first OS installed.