I really think people are gonna be upset.........

ninjageek

For sometime the debate to install or not to install vista has hit just about every forum. Myself I believe you should think for yourself and make your own choices. The thing that really gets my goat is the release of the next os. They are talking 2010 the latestet for the next release. Some claim vista is a stepping stone into the next version. Vista will be like windows me. Will only be out a short time before the next major release.

I guess microsoft is gonna wait and see what apple does so they can "borrow" some of there ideas like they did with vista. I just think microsoft is really putting it to the user of the computers by charging so much for there system and releasing another os so soon.

I think your absolutely correct in the fact that Vista is more or less a stepping stone. Microsoft seems to release a OS , and wait for all the glitches , and bugs , to see what will and wont work, all the while receiving feedback on these symptoms. So basically , they use the end user for there experiments.

2K is still IMO, the most stable, and secure OS to date that MS has released.

Was it not Compaq, and Gateway, that mass produced systems for ME ? As Dell has been for Vista? Plus they were using Rambus , and ME had very poor memory management.

Compaq got a bad name for that , as well as them not doing much compatibility testing, do you think Dell will be punished the same?

MS has always put it to the user. They could have sold their OS for half the inflated price and still be Billionaires...I cant say I wouldnt do the same thing, buisness is about money not friends. I think by 2010 Linux will have put a hurt on MS so bad they will do something... lets just say different.

I think that the new head of OS development, the former head of the Office group, said that Vista was a bridge between XP and the next generation..  But you also have to remember that ME was the first place to test some of the functions of XP..  Try googling Window ME and take a look at some of the versions that we never release to the public.  The build just before the project was cancled, was for the most part, the first build of XP.

Like wise it is not a good business model to release a new OS every 5-7 years..  With Apple and Linux gaining power and market share, it my be small but it is there, the days of MS being the only game in town are over.  I personally knew that Vista was going to be abust when MS began to cut features for the Longhorn betas and then finally from the shipped version.  But what is good about all of this is the enterprise and desktop like are on the same code platform..  Meaning that security responses, updates, and fixes should be available quickly and in large numbers.

Windows "7" (next version) Is only going to be an "upgrade version" of windows meaning its basically vista with some cool new things. Expect just basically pure 64Bit, and what ever apply puts into OS 10.5 and 10.6. Personally I think 4 years it just outrages for just a small upgrade. In the time between XP and Vista apple put out 5 OS upgrades, 10 if you count the server versions. MS has really lost it ever since they started trying to beat Google.

MS has always put it to the user. They could have sold their OS for half the inflated price and still be Billionaires...I cant say I wouldnt do the same thing, buisness is about money not friends. I think by 2010 Linux will have put a hurt on MS so bad they will do something... lets just say different.

One thing you have to remember is microsoft fucked them self, when they made the registry in windows 95. They could make windows so much better and more secure if they would just get rid of the registry. But they can't because then nothing would run.

By the time the next version of windows comes around, Apple will be deep into second place with PC sales. And Microsoft will have shot them selves in the foot because balmer is taking over really soon, and we all know what kind of nut job he is  :haha:

Balmer has been in charge for quite a while.. That is why the Head of Office development was moved to Vista..  Gates has been the Chief Software Architect and has also sat on the board of directors since stepping down 2 years, I think, ago.  I am pretty sure he

, Gates, is still going to sit on the Board of Directors

As far as Apple goes..  They really have the chance to hit microsoft whereit hurts because they are not only a software platform but also one of the best hardware platforms.  I mean are there any other notebooks out there that look as good as the Apple ones?  Now if only they could get their server line to take off.

Balmer has been in charge for quite a while.. That is why the Head of Office development was moved to Vista..  Gates has been the Chief Software Architect and has also sat on the board of directors since stepping down 2 years, I think, ago.  I am pretty sure he

, Gates, is still going to sit on the Board of Directors

as far as i know/remember gates will be completely out. He is retiring from the company. and balmer is suppose to take over his seat, when he leaves next july. It will be interesting to see what happens when gates does finally leave.

As far as Apple goes..  They really have the chance to hit microsoft whereit hurts because they are not only a software platform but also one of the best hardware platforms.  I mean are there any other notebooks out there that look as good as the Apple ones?  Now if only they could get their server line to take off.

from what i have seen there are no other notebooks that look better then the macbook and macbook pro.  If anyone knows of a notebook that looks better please show me, id love to see it.  :grin: And there desktops forget about it the mac pro is by far the best looking computer out there, and most likely the fastest consumer desktop you could buy.

If they got there server line to take off, it would be the death of linux and all x86 servers as we know it  :haha: I used a old g4 xserv and it kicked ass....

He will shift his energies to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which his Microsoft fortune has made the world's largest philanthropic organization, dedicated to health and education issues, especially in poor nations.

At a news conference after the close of the stock market, Mr. Gates, 50, said he was not leaving Microsoft altogether. He said he planned to remain as chairman and maintain his large holding in the company.

"I always see myself as being the largest shareholder in Microsoft," Mr. Gates said.

We will be seeing Billy for a long time to come.

I think in time, yea lynix will start to appear on more and more computers. Its still not ready for your average user but they are makeing headway. If some of the more popular lynix flavors would combine forces, concentrate on makeing lynix newbie friendly, then yea I can forsure see lynix becoming a force to be delt with.

In the same thought. Apple has made the switch to pentium chip. They know there os is being hacked to run other computers other than a mac. Would not shock me to find out the makers of the os are "helping" the hackers getting tiger and lepord on the windows pc. Sure wish Jobs would just take the plunge and put it out there for windows based pc.

While I don't believe in stealing anything. I don't believe in piracy. With Microsoft and the greed and williness to shaft the average user, I giggle every time microsoft swears xp and vista can not be hacked, have to come up with more inventive ways to try and stop the runaway piracy train. Keep up the good work hackers. Watching you stick it to the man and the company microsoft just puts a smile on my face. FU billy.

Hmm...I always thought it was the US military in the 50's, and the reason they are now in charge. So who really knows for sure.  :uglystupid2:

He was the inventor of TCP/IP, a browser called WorldWideWeb and the http protocol.. the US government did invent the architecture with DARPANet.

Huh. I thought it was al gore?? Then again I believe Gene Simmions is working on a kiss internet. Along with the kiss pc. Everytime you turn it on It funnels all your money to Gene.  My goodness can you only imagine if Gene and Billy had a kid? He would be the king of greed.

Oh man I am not gonna preach but what I believe, in the end, people like gene and billy end up on the short end of the stick.  :azn: